+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Approved and application still in progress at the same time

alleann02

Aug 6, 2024
So my portal says my study permit has been approved on May 30th, but all of my calls with an IRCC call centre agent says my application is still in progress and open for an officer to see. My local mp told me yesterday that their liaison at IRCC confirmed that my permit was approved on June 10th (my passport was already returned to me a week after with visa).
Idk what is going on anymore...

Date of submission: May 23, 2024
Biometrics: Not needed because I already did it 3 years ago with them
Medical: Not required (but i sent them one anyway.)
Portal Approval + Passport Request: May 30, 2024 - (Final decision - May 30, 2024: Your application was approved. You need to send us your valid passport to finalize your application. Check your messages below for details.)
Passport Sent: June 3, 2024
Passport Returned with TRV: June 21, 2024

Missing or No Letter of Introduction (LOI/POE letter) at all... its about to be september... school starts in a week lol. My permit already expired since July 31st.
Im planning to leave before the end of my 90 days. Not worth to switch to visitor record anyway or restoring as a student because school is about to start and that application aint gonna make it.

*I will not have maintained status to study will its still in progress - only valid if u apply before your study permit expired - Apparently I applied using the IRCC portal and not IRCC secure account, so instead of an extension, I applied for NEW STUDY PERMIT instead.

*I do not need PAL, LOA because its a Masters not Bachelors

Any advice or comment appreciated <3