+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Approval rates in Canadian Universities.

Walther

Jun 30, 2017
Hello.

I am planning to apply for canadian universities for Fall 2018 as soon as the applications open, however there are a few universities I would prefer over others, in my list of possible universities to apply for. I think that applying for all of them might prove a little too expensive since every one of them has application fees, and most of them are in this list as contingency plans. I wanted to know a rough figure of what the chances of being selected in a university in canada are, so I can decide to apply for less or more of them.

I am currently a brazilian university student in this university: http://www.webometrics.info/en/search/Rankings/UFRGS

I have taken entrance exams twice here, once for Physics, which I passed in first place, and then for Mechanical Engineering, which I passed in third place(entrances exams are classificatory here, and there is no "application", only your grade in that exam). Currently my grade harmonic average for the course hovers around 85/100, and my average is around 92/100. I am in the third semester of Mech. Engineering.

I have taken TOEFL ITP, and have goten almost max grades in every test(It was almost free to take it in my uni, that's why I took it). I have IELTS scheduled for August 2017.

I pretend to apply for Mech Engineering on several, or most, of the following universities, in order of more preferable to least, not meaning that the least preferable are bad or anything, I just like to set some goals and contingency plans for the goals. Universities marked with * are the ones I really really really would like to attend.

1) University of Alberta*
2)University of Victoria*
3)University British Columbia (Vancouver)*/(Okanagan)
4)Dalhousie University*
5)University of Waterloo(If tuition is less then 31k, couldn't find definitives on that)*
6)University of Ottawa
7)McMaster University
8)Queen's University
9)University of Guelph
10)University of Manitoba

That's it. Could you discuss what you think my chances are and why? Thanks in advance.