+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Appropriate NOC code and other questions

abhijsen

Jun 27, 2009
Guys

Sincere apologies if these questions have already been discussed in another forum. If somebody can point me to another forum which has discussed these questions already, I will be happy to close this topic.

I am in the process of applying to the first stage (Sydney, NS) and my questions are as follows-

(1) I am an engineer/MBA with 18 years of full time education and 8 years of work-ex in techno-managerial roles. I see that my skills "partially" fit into 2 NOC codes, 0213 and 2171.
(a) Is it ok to cover multiple NOC codes in Schedule3 or is it a good practice to stick to just one code.
(b) Also, employer certificates (especially from Indian employers) just mention designation, date of joining and date of leaving. How will we get letters from employers stating exact duties performed?
(c) I noticed that I haven't performed "all" the duties that come under the NOC code of 0213 or 2171 but only some. Do I have to necessarily satisfy "all" the duties mentioned under each NOC code?

(2) I have not taken IELTS yet but i know that my English is above average, so what should I fill in Schedule3 -> question5, High, Moderate or Basic? Or is it that I need to take IELTS first to answer question5 and question6? The reason I am asking this question is that I know that IELTS score does not need to be sent before the second stage.

(3) For funds (Schedule3, question10) - does it indicate funds at the time of entry into Canada or right now?

(4) If I am not mistaken, only the PR fee is to be sent in the first stage and not the Right to Permanent Resident (RPRF) fee? So for me and my wife does the PR fee mean $550 + $550 = $1100?

(5) Just to confirm, in the second stage the requirements are as follows?
(a) Copies of exact set of documents send at first stage
(b) Medical fitness clearance
(c) Police clearance
(d) RPRF fee of $490 + $490 = $980 (for 2 people)?
(e) IELTS scores

(6) If I apply for first stage from US and then return to India and apply for second stage from India, is there any disadvantage in terms of time of processing?

(7) I did not see any education certificates/marksheets, work experience certificates etc. being asked for in PR form, family information form, Schedule1 or Schedule3. At what point will these documents be needed?

Thanks-ASen

rupeshhari

VIP Member
Sep 15, 2008
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Dec 2008 to CIO
Doc's Request.
Jan 2009
AOR Received.
Feb 2009 from VO
IELTS Request
Didn't do IELTS.
File Transfer...
Not transfered to regional office.
Med's Request
July 2010 with RPRF and another PCC.
Med's Done....
Meds - September 2010. PCC - Late Oct 2010
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Early November 2010
VISA ISSUED...
December 2010 - Exactly days shy of 2 years since I sent in my application to CIO.
LANDED..........
Guys

Sincere apologies if these questions have already been discussed in another forum. If somebody can point me to another forum which has discussed these questions already, I will be happy to close this topic.

I am in the process of applying to the first stage (Sydney, NS) and my questions are as follows-

(1) I am an engineer/MBA with 18 years of full time education and 8 years of work-ex in techno-managerial roles. I see that my skills "partially" fit into 2 NOC codes, 0213 and 2171.
(a) Is it ok to cover multiple NOC codes in Schedule3 or is it a good practice to stick to just one code.

It is okay to cover both because to become 0213 (managerial position), one have been 2171 sometimes in their life. You'd need one year of 0213 for sure. however, if you were 0213 within the last 10 years, then you only need to mention that.

(b) Also, employer certificates (especially from Indian employers) just mention designation, date of joining and date of leaving. How will we get letters from employers stating exact duties performed?

By asking them nicely

(c) I noticed that I haven't performed "all" the duties that come under the NOC code of 0213 or 2171 but only some. Do I have to necessarily satisfy "all" the duties mentioned under each NOC code?

You have to perform a substantial number of duties (i think i read that on OP6 but i could be wrong). My opinion is that it must be in the spirit of the NOC job designation. So for example, just because one has a budget to manage doesnot make a person a manager.

(2) I have not taken IELTS yet but i know that my English is above average, so what should I fill in Schedule3 -> question5, High, Moderate or Basic? Or is it that I need to take IELTS first to answer question5 and question6? The reason I am asking this question is that I know that IELTS score does not need to be sent before the second stage.

You can fill whatever is need to get to 67 but you have to make sure you get the required score before 120days are up in the next stage. So it might be better to do the IELTS first.

(3) For funds (Schedule3, question10) - does it indicate funds at the time of entry into Canada or right now?

Its what you have now that you will use to take with you to Canada.

(4) If I am not mistaken, only the PR fee is to be sent in the first stage and not the Right to Permanent Resident (RPRF) fee? So for me and my wife does the PR fee mean $550 + $550 = $1100?

Yes

(5) Just to confirm, in the second stage the requirements are as follows?
(a) Copies of exact set of documents send at first stage
(b) Medical fitness clearance
(c) Police clearance
(d) RPRF fee of $490 + $490 = $980 (for 2 people)?
(e) IELTS scores

I think you can update your forms in the second stage. Medical clearance and RPRF only when they ask. You need to send other documents too, such as transcripts,etc. Read through appendix A for your visa office to get a list of documents.

(6) If I apply for first stage from US and then return to India and apply for second stage from India, is there any disadvantage in terms of time of processing?

No, but you have to state in your first stage which visa office you are going to use. I presume you are not in the US as a visitor and you have a year visa (not that it has to expire a year from now but that you have a year visa when you entered as a non-visitor), then you can state either Buffalo or ND as your office and you should stick with it. If you choose Buffalo and they ask you to come back for interview, you should then fly to US if you are in India. Also Indians are not allowed to courier passports so visa stamping can be expensive.

(7) I did not see any education certificates/marksheets, work experience certificates etc. being asked for in PR form, family information form, Schedule1 or Schedule3. At what point will these documents be needed?

Stage 2. You should read the FAQ thread in this forum. Read the first two topics there and it should take you to some of the important information.

Good luck.

Thanks-ASen

[/quote]