+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Applying Visitor Visa Outside Canada for COPR?

4sgma.realty

Jun 24, 2023
Hi Everyone,

This is an urgent question I need answers since I need to come back to Canada before September 24, 2023. My case is a little bit complex. Hope to hear your feedback! :)

A little background about me. I first came to Canada as a student last May 2019 and graduated December 2019. Got my PGWP by May 2020 and had an extension of it from May 2021 - November 2022. Applied for EE and got my ITA under CEC stream last September 2022 and had my medical examination on same month. I went home last October 30 because of family reasons and because my extended PGWP was expiring. But before I went home I submitted my documents while I was in Canada and was waiting for update. February 2023, I am already in my home country, got an email that my PR was approved and I am on COPR. But IRCC agent can't create a portal because I'm now outside Canada so I need to go back there. One suggestion he sent was to apply for visitor visa which I did.

So last May 2023, I applied for visitor visa and I was transparent about my case. I summarized in my client information why I applied for visitor visa. So the gist of it was that I was hoping to get a visitor visa to finalize my COPR because I was outside the country and that it happened I came back to my home country because of the reasons I mentioned. And I emphasized that I wanted to be a permanent resident after all the hard work I did since I came in May 2019. Also, I submitted my medicals that I had back in Toronto because the IRCC-approved clinic that I would have to ask medicals again in my home country informed me there is no need as I had already an existing one, and that I just need to go back to Canada to use it before September 24th as it will expire, which I mentioned also in the summary. I also submitted my bank statements in Scotiabank proving that I still had funds to use once I get back in Canada and attached the letter in which I was invited to become a permanent resident.

Now, June 2023, I received a refused visitor visa application and it says:

• I am not satisfied that you will leave Canada at the end of your stay as required by paragraph 179(b) of the IRPR (https://laws-lois.justice.gc.ca/eng/regulations/SOR-2002-227/section-179.html). I am refusing your application because you have not established that you will leave Canada, based on the following factors:
• Your proposed length of stay in Canada is inconsistent with a temporary stay given the details you have provided in your application.

So overall, I wasn't refused because of my medicals or background or funds. But because the information I provided and I think because of the intention why I am visiting Canada.
I was clear in my letter that I was applying visitor's visa as a means to complete my COPR and become a permanent resident. So I would have to apply again for another visa but I wonder what I should state in the letter why I am applying for visitor visa to complete my COPR?

Thanks for the help!!!!