+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Applying under CEC stream as a postdoc

wusi1983

Oct 19, 2010
Hi guys,

I have been a postdoc in Canada for a little more than two years. One of my friend, who is also a postdoc at U of Toronto, recently got rejected for his application, because we got T4A tax slips at U of Toronto and we are considered as self-employed since no tax, CPP, EI were deducted on the T4A slip.

Luckily, I also worked full-time (reference letters from my advisor and HR have been received) at U of Waterloo for one year, where I got T4 slips. With the new policy taking effect in January, I am eligible to apply under CEC stream. But I am still not sure about several things,

1. When applying, do I need to point out that I am eligible due to this one year experience, or the immigration officer will figure out?

2. My employment at U of Waterloo was between Aug. 2011 and July 2012. So at this time, I have only T4 slip for the year of 2011. Do I need to wait for a little more time to get another T4 slip for the year of 2012 before I can submit my application?

3. During my employment, I took days off and left Canada for a while, but I was still paid for this period. Will this reduce my work time by such an amount that my total work time is less than the required 1950 hours?

Thank you guys. I am expecting your inputs.

ggalex

Jun 1, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
31-05-2012
AOR Received.
08-11-2012
IELTS Request
Included with application
Med's Request
09-02-2013
Med's Done....
12-02-2013
I am a postdoc at UofT. I receive T4A as well. tax is not dedicated. I applied in May. I did not send my work contract because it basically says you are not employee of University of XXX. I sent pay slips, reference letter, work permit, tax assessment.

I do not have good information for postdocs. Other postdocs with T4 had their PR approved.

I think for you the paid holiday counts to work hours. You can wait for a month and apply under the new rule (1 year experience).

UHNSlave

Dec 15, 2012
sorry i made a duplicate of this topic... Tried to delete but it did not work.

my t4a says payer's name is ''University health network'', would it be enough to convince VO that I am not self-employed?

petersonswh

Jan 3, 2013
I am also working as a postdoc in UHN. So we shouldn't send the original job letter coz to me it's nothing but suicide. talk with your boss for a better job letter. good luck