+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Applying TRV in Canada and get stamping in India.

lam194

Dec 8, 2023
Hi Everyone,
I have to urgently go to India and my TRV is expired. Is there anyway where can I apply TRV in Canada and get stamping done in India? Can anyone had such experience?

marmik1617

Jan 4, 2020
Hi Everyone,
I have to urgently go to India and my TRV is expired. Is there anyway where can I apply TRV in Canada and get stamping done in India? Can anyone had such experience?
My friend did that.

He applied from Canada and went back to India due to medical emergency. He got valid study permit till 30th Aug 2023 and he applied for his PGWP in May 2023 then he went to India in June 2023 and still there meanwhile his PGWP got approved and he stamped his passport ( TRV ) in India and he is going today.

lam194

Dec 8, 2023
My friend did that.

He applied from Canada and went back to India due to medical emergency. He got valid study permit till 30th Aug 2023 and he applied for his PGWP in May 2023 then he went to India in June 2023 and still there meanwhile his PGWP got approved and he stamped his passport ( TRV ) in India and he is going today.
Thanks for the reply.
1) What did he put on residential and mailing address?
2) How long did it took to get approved?
3) Did he notified IRCC regarding him going to India?

marmik1617

Jan 4, 2020
Thanks for the reply.
1) What did he put on residential and mailing address?
2) How long did it took to get approved?
3) Did he notified IRCC regarding him going to India?
1) Canadian address. He got is workpermit paper based in Canada itself within 1 month then after emergency came and he went back to India.
2) Passport submission request in July 2023 at that time he was in India.
3) No he didn't informed but he sent his passport for stamping at Canadian embassy in India.

Update:- He reached Canada safely today.

Girija

Oct 9, 2024
I am in same situation…Need urgent help ..if we applied for TRV inside Canada so once that will get approved can we request for passport stamping in India?as we need to fly to India due to emergency