+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Applying to Canada PR again while having a temporary Canada Job but not including the job offer

Jan 19, 2022
In December 2020, I had applied for Canadian PR Express Entry but never got the invite. So my profile expired and I am trying to apply again, but I have a temporary job offer in Canada from a US based company where I'll be moving temporarily. I am not sure if I am allowed to use it. I have also applied for a temporary work permit through my company and should I be mentioning about it in my PR profile. Please guide me on this aspect

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
In December 2020, I had applied for Canadian PR Express Entry but never got the invite. So my profile expired and I am trying to apply again, but I have a temporary job offer in Canada from a US based company where I'll be moving temporarily. I am not sure if I am allowed to use it. I have also applied for a temporary work permit through my company and should I be mentioning about it in my PR profile. Please guide me on this aspect
If you are setting up your profile now, and your LMIA and closed work permit are not finalized, then no.

Jan 19, 2022
Ah okay. Also is internship counted or not? I did a summer internship fully paid and 40 hours for three months when I did my grad school at UCLA. Will that be counted as valid work ex? I just had to enroll 1 credit in school for maintaining Visa status in USA and there were no courses

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Ah okay. Also is internship counted or not? I did a summer internship fully paid and 40 hours for three months when I did my grad school at UCLA. Will that be counted as valid work ex? I just had to enroll 1 credit in school for maintaining Visa status in USA and there were no courses
To be eligible for EE-FSW, you need one year continuous skilled work experience. You can count skilled work experience from an internship. What is your CRS score?

Jan 19, 2022
I do have my full time experiences which border on 2 years and 11 months, but the internship duration pushes me to a higher set of points that would help me get to a higher chances. My CRS score last year was 456, but this year it might go to 481 with one extra year of work experience which includes my internship too.

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
I do have my full time experiences which border on 2 years and 11 months, but the internship duration pushes me to a higher set of points that would help me get to a higher chances. My CRS score last year was 456, but this year it might go to 481 with one extra year of work experience which includes my internship too.
As long as NOC A, B or 0 and you have employment letters and pay stubs then you can count it.

RSub

Champion Member
Aug 23, 2021
USA
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
CPC Ottawa
AOR Received.
12-11-2020
You did not apply. You just entered the pool in Dec 2020. As of now, there are no draws for PR except PNP. You better move forward with the work permit and once you are in Canada apply for PR when draws are back. Also, IRCC is highly unreliable, incompetent, and untrustworthy, so grab the opportunity when you see it.

RSub

Champion Member
Aug 23, 2021
USA
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
CPC Ottawa
AOR Received.
12-11-2020
Who you are kidding and what world are you in? PR draws are not gonna happen anything soon and 481 will not fetch you an invite even if draws come back. You need 500. With 481, you will get an invite after a few months.

Jan 19, 2022
Yeah I did mention I did not get the invite. :). I applied as in I entered the pool. I did not say I will get the invite too. I just said 481 is better than 456.

RSub

Champion Member
Aug 23, 2021
USA
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
CPC Ottawa
AOR Received.
12-11-2020
Yeah I did mention I did not get the invite. :). I applied as in I entered the pool. I did not say I will get the invite too. I just said 481 is better than 456.
Entering a pool is not applying. You apply only after getting your ITA. Your wording confuses people.