+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Applying on Work Permit While Child Adoption is On-going

Unknown_08

Jun 18, 2024
Any advise on our current situation. My common-law partner is currently working on her Work Permit application while she has an on-going process of child adoption. The child is with us since she was born and she's already 6 yrs old now. We are looking for advices on how can we declare the child when the adoption is still on-going.

Is it possible to:
1. Include the adoption declaration on her application? What documents are needed?
2. Or can she add the child as dependent (after the adoption has been finalized) when she will finally apply for PR from work permit status?

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Any advise on our current situation. My common-law partner is currently working on her Work Permit application while she has an on-going process of child adoption. The child is with us since she was born and she's already 6 yrs old now. We are looking for advices on how can we declare the child when the adoption is still on-going.

Is it possible to:
1. Include the adoption declaration on her application? What documents are needed?
2. Or can she add the child as dependent (after the adoption has been finalized) when she will finally apply for PR from work permit status?
So the child is in Canada with her? Is the child related to you? An orphan? What is the child’s citizenship (Canada doesn’t recognize adoptions from certain countries)?

Reactions: YVR123

Unknown_08

Jun 18, 2024
So the child is in Canada with her? Is the child related to you? An orphan? What is the child’s citizenship (Canada doesn’t recognize adoptions from certain countries)?
The child is still here in the Philippines. My partner is also here in the Philippines but she will be leaving sometime this August to work in Canada. The child's citizenship is Filipino. The child is actually the daughter of her cousin and I will be staying here in the Philippines to be with the child until the adoption is complete. We are asking for advise because we don't want to make a mistake during the declaration process that could potentially lead us to not able to bring the child to Canada in the future.