+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Applying from UAE, no ties to home country

Zrh1992

Jun 28, 2024
Hi

I am a Pakistani citizen about to apply for a study permit from UAE.

my profile:

1. 32 years old - female - single
2. Living in UAE since 1996
3. Worked as HR Executive for 7+ years - Currently unemployed - voluntary resignation after saving enough money to pursue full time studies.
4.. Bachelor’s degree in HR from University of Wollongong in Dubai - 2015
5. Post Graduate certificate in HR management from University of Essex (online)2022 - 2023.
6. Accepted in George Brown College for Ontario College PG Cert in People Analytics - 12 Month course. Received PAL as well.
7. Fully self-financed.
8. Good travel history (mostly Europe and recently visited Canada as well)
9. On a 10 year property backed golden visa sponsored by my father in Dubai.
10. No ties to the home country. Not even parents have bank accounts there. Haven’t visited home country since 2011.
11. Retired parents and all siblings living in UAE since 1996
12. Visit visa to Canada valid until Nov 2024.
13. Valid Express Entry application in the system until January 2025.

My purpose to study in Canada is two fold.

a) increase my CRS score for a better chance at Express Entry.
b) increase my employability as the people analytics course will really help to augment my current education. My end goal is to obtain a PhD.

My biggest concern is the fact that I have absolutely no ties to my home country. As a family all our assets are in UAE.

My father has bought properties for all us siblings and he is also planning to buy one for me in the next few weeks.

How do I show my intent to return to UAE without needing to show strong ties to home country?
Do I need to mention dual intent in the SOP?
I also have extended family in Canada. We visited them in 2023 and then again in 2024. Will that count as a good thing?
Will a property in my name paid by my father a few weeks before applying for the permit be a red flag? Should I declare the ownership or not? If I do not declare it, can it be considered misrepresentation?

Thank you

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
None of your reasons to come to study in Canada are valid especially increasing CRS score. Shows your intent to immigrate and right now will be very difficult for you. Taking a PhD is not a reason either since you need a masters so taking a one year certificate makes no sense. You have to show education and career progression. You need to show that you can justify costs with a higher salary than you have now with better job and promotion.

Property is not a tie especially if just turned over to you. Ties to return are spouse/children, job showing better salary than you had in the past, businesses, investments, income property etc.

Having family in Canada is not a good thing. But you say extended family so that would be your siblings.

Zrh1992

Jun 28, 2024
Thank you for your response. From what I understand dual intent is accepted now. Is that not the case? Even on the IRCC website they mention that to increase CRS score consider getting a Canadian education. I do want to migrate to Canada but I want to do so legally.
How do I convince the VO that I will not just stay in Canada after my studies?

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Thank you for your response. From what I understand dual intent is accepted now. Is that not the case? Even on the IRCC website they mention that to increase CRS score consider getting a Canadian education. I do want to migrate to Canada but I want to do so legally.
How do I convince the VO that I will not just stay in Canada after my studies?
Dual intent is frowned upon. And taking a certificate course is not enough. Immigration doors are closing so you should be looking at a Masters and learning French. HR/Business in Canada is a dead end field right now for international students. There are many news articles on it. So if you want to immigrate then get a Masters and learn French.

To convince you will return, you justify costs showing the better job opportunities and higher pay you will have if you take the program. So show salary now vs. future salary.