+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Applying for visitor visa while waiting pgwp extention with expiring pgwp

prakashperam

Star Member
Feb 14, 2021
Hello,

I have been unfortunate to receive trv until my pgwp expires that is oct 27 while my password is expiring next year dec. I have applied for extension of pgwp under temporary public policy and no decision has been made on the application yet. So, while waiting for the application, I have applied for visitor visa so as to travel to india as the time line to wait for pgwp extension and visitor visa does not match with my travel plans.
I want to understand, if the application to visitor visa is approved before the pgwp extension application is approved, am I allowed to continue working? Hoping that pgwp will be approved before I return to canada.

rcincanada2019

Champion Member
Jan 14, 2023
Ontario
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Sydney, NS
App. Filed.......
03-07-2022
Nomination.....
30-03-2022
AOR Received.
03-11-2022
Hello,

I have been unfortunate to receive trv until my pgwp expires that is oct 27 while my password is expiring next year dec. I have applied for extension of pgwp under temporary public policy and no decision has been made on the application yet. So, while waiting for the application, I have applied for visitor visa so as to travel to india as the time line to wait for pgwp extension and visitor visa does not match with my travel plans.
I want to understand, if the application to visitor visa is approved before the pgwp extension application is approved, am I allowed to continue working? Hoping that pgwp will be approved before I return to canada.
A visa only allows you entry to Canada. A work permit, such as PGWP, allows you to work and stay in Canada.

When you applied for PGWP extension under the temporary public policy, did you receive your wp-ext letter stating you can continue working until a final decision is made? If yes, then you are allowed to work.