+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Applying for visitor visa when you have already applied for PR - spousal

Bearcheese

Oct 8, 2013
Hi guys, this April I applied for spousal sponsorship to get my wife PR status. I have been approved as a sponsor already but my wife's immigration application is still in progress. However, we want to visit this winter for Christmas/New Years and because my friends child is going to be born.

My question is about applying for my wifes visitor visa while the PR application is in progress. Is it possible to apply? Will there be any issues later on? especially considering that on the PR appliction we wrote that weve never applied for visitor visas and shes never been to canada. Do we need to notify someone?

Thanks for your help

mercyofGod

Mar 14, 2015
Category........
Bearcheese said:
Hi guys, this April I applied for spousal sponsorship to get my wife PR status. I have been approved as a sponsor already but my wife's immigration application is still in progress. However, we want to visit this winter for Christmas/New Years and because my friends child is going to be born.

My question is about applying for my wifes visitor visa while the PR application is in progress. Is it possible to apply? Will there be any issues later on? especially considering that on the PR appliction we wrote that weve never applied for visitor visas and shes never been to canada. Do we need to notify someone?

Thanks for your help
First it's a two different app that has nothing to do with each other, the chance of getting visiting visa is what scares people but your wife can apply most especially if she have ties in home country, more so she need to submit the sponsorship approval and write cover letter that will proof to the VO that she is coming back after her visit and that she cannot over stay or refuse to come back to home country because she wouldn't like to do anything that will jeopadize her PR application, she needs to submit various doc that will back her app, with that l believe she will get it with God all things are possible, good luck l hope that help.

teodorix

Oct 2, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Bucharest
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
23-Jan-2015
AOR Received.
25-March-2015
File Transfer...
26-March-2015
Med's Done....
09-Jan-2015
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
31-Aug-2015
VISA ISSUED...
TRV: 21-April-2015; PR: 09-Sept-2015
LANDED..........
29-Sept-2015
Hope this helps: http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/visitor-visa-grantedwife-of-pr-t273759.0.html