+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Applying for Visitor Status after PGWP refusal

ColdBrewFan28

Jan 23, 2021
Hi everyone, hope you are all doing well. I have some inquiries about changing my status.

I unfortunately took a part time semester during my course of study that was not the last semester of my program. When I found out that this made me ineligible for the PGWP, I decided it was best to move back to my home country, then the pandemic hit. I’ve been applying for a travel exemption from my home country so that I can return, however the borders remain closed.

I finished my program in December 2020 and I’m awaiting confirmation that I met my graduation requirements. I decided to try to apply for the PGWP even though I know the odds of it being approved are slim to none.

So, when rejected, how do I change my status from a student to a visitor? I only have valid status until April 2021 and I am not sure when I’d be able to return to my home country as I’m basically stranded. I’ve looked for the forms and fees online and I haven’t found anything so any links would be much appreciated!!

TIA!

Hugues95

Nov 24, 2022
Hi everyone, hope you are all doing well. I have some inquiries about changing my status.

I unfortunately took a part time semester during my course of study that was not the last semester of my program. When I found out that this made me ineligible for the PGWP, I decided it was best to move back to my home country, then the pandemic hit. I’ve been applying for a travel exemption from my home country so that I can return, however the borders remain closed.

I finished my program in December 2020 and I’m awaiting confirmation that I met my graduation requirements. I decided to try to apply for the PGWP even though I know the odds of it being approved are slim to none.

So, when rejected, how do I change my status from a student to a visitor? I only have valid status until April 2021 and I am not sure when I’d be able to return to my home country as I’m basically stranded. I’ve looked for the forms and fees online and I haven’t found anything so any links would be much appreciated!!

TIA!
Hey, do you mind me asking for an update on your situation? I’m in the same boat