+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Applying for Visit Visa while preparing spousal sponsorship papers

rachabadr

Mar 4, 2013
My husband is a canadian citizen , working in Canada ,and I am living in Egypt , we r preparing for spousal sponsorship , As we want to live together as soon as possible, Can anyone advise me plz.. If i can apply for visit visa before submitting papers to stay with him and we submit the application and documents of sponsorship while I am in canada on Visit Visa???

Plz advice abt the possibilities and the risks of doing that???

sheik

Star Member
Oct 14, 2006
Category........
Visa Office......
nairobi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
21-11-2012
AOR Received.
23-11-2012
File Transfer...
30-11-2012
Med's Done....
16-10-2012
Passport Req..
5-01-2013
VISA ISSUED...
15-04-2013
LANDED..........
august 2013
you can apply for a visit visa as well as applying for your sponsorship, in most cases a visitor visa are almost rejected.i will suggest that you apply for just a visitor visa, it wont take too much time to get a positive or negative reply. if you get your visa you can get in canada an apply for an inside canada sponsorship, if you do not get your visa you can then apply for an outside canada sponsrship. the getting or rejecting of the visitor visa will not affect your application

rachabadr

Mar 4, 2013
thx a lot for your reply ... so the history of a rejected visa wont affect the sponsorship application?
and should I mention in the reason of applying for visit visa that I am going to visit my husband? or just a tourist ?what do u think will be more acceptable ?