Visa Office......
Abu Dhabi
App. Filed.......
03-Jun-2015
Interview........
None required
LANDED..........
01-Apr-2016
My husband was recently rejected a TRV for the second time. The first time was after we were married but before we applied for PRV. The second time was after we were married, and after we had received AOR (Stage 1) for our PRV under Family Class. I came across this on the CIC website http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/resources/tools/temp/visa/dual.asp and within this page, the following statement is found:

If an officer has concerns/doubts about the applicant’s bona fide, the applicant must be made aware of these concerns and given an opportunity to respond to them.

So, I'm not sure why we were not contacted to be given an opportunity to respond to these concerns.....we were simply issued a rejection letter. Has anyone experience with contacting CIC regarding TRV applications?

If you want to know a bit more background....he's Syrian and I've been staying with him overseas while our application is processed (currently on a tourist visa).

The VO stated that 1) because of his family ties (me), 2) inability to obtain permanent residency / citizenship in his country of residence (UAE) and 3) the unstable situation in Syria he was not convinced that my husband would leave Canada after our visit (I included an itinerary and return ticket for me that was already purchased months ago. We didn't purchase a return ticket for him because the cost for a fully refundable ticket is extremely high.

One other question...do we now need to notify CIC of this rejection for our PRV application? we had already indicated that he had been refused a visa (for the first one) in our PRV application.

Would love to hear of other people's experiences.

Discouraged :(

C.

LanaLanski

Sep 8, 2016
Abu Dhabi
Category........
Visa Office......
Bucharest
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
21-07-2016
AOR Received.
03-08-2016
File Transfer...
17-08-2016
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
16-07-2016
Hi Again,

I seem to be following you. I have spent most of the last hour researching super visas, TRV while PRV and the Bucharest VO. Your situation is so similar to mine. So, it looks like before your husband was grated a PR even though he was rejected for a tourist/visit visa?

We sent our application in on July 21, 2016; i was accepted as a sponsor on Aug 3rd and his application was sent to Bucharest on August 17th, 2016. We are happy to wait to go to Canada until his PRV comes though, but we really want to be with my family for christmas. Hence the consideration of applying for a TRV. We were thinking of doing exactly what you have suggested 1) buy return tickets 2)prove that we are both residents of the UAE etc. We were also thinking that we would ask his employer for a letter stating that he works for them and they wish him great holiday and they expect him to return to work on January ____ 2017.

What do you think?

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
LanaLanski said:
Hence the consideration of applying for a TRV. We were thinking of doing exactly what you have suggested 1) buy return tickets 2)prove that we are both residents of the UAE etc. We were also thinking that we would ask his employer for a letter stating that he works for them and they wish him great holiday and they expect him to return to work on January ____ 2017.
Honestly, you can certainly try for a TRV but it's not likely to be approved, for the same reasons as IRCC stated to chilkootcee.

semos

Star Member
May 28, 2015
LanaLanski said:
Hi Again,

I seem to be following you. I have spent most of the last hour researching super visas, TRV while PRV and the Bucharest VO. Your situation is so similar to mine. So, it looks like before your husband was grated a PR even though he was rejected for a tourist/visit visa?

We sent our application in on July 21, 2016; i was accepted as a sponsor on Aug 3rd and his application was sent to Bucharest on August 17th, 2016. We are happy to wait to go to Canada until his PRV comes though, but we really want to be with my family for christmas. Hence the consideration of applying for a TRV. We were thinking of doing exactly what you have suggested 1) buy return tickets 2)prove that we are both residents of the UAE etc. We were also thinking that we would ask his employer for a letter stating that he works for them and they wish him great holiday and they expect him to return to work on January ____ 2017.

Hi
If you are PR of Canada and not a citizen , then you are not allowed to live outside Canada while your application is in process . So if you are a permanent residence , it will be so risky to prove that you are booth live in UAE .

What do you think?

chilkootcee

Champion Member
Mar 3, 2015
Visa Office......
Abu Dhabi
App. Filed.......
03-Jun-2015
Interview........
None required
LANDED..........
01-Apr-2016
LanaLanski said:
Hi Again,

What do you think?
We included residency information, employment letters, etc....not sure how much return tickets have a bearing because the return flight is worth almost nothing anyways. All this didn't matter because of the situation in Syria. That having been said, you can always apply and see what happens as it has no negative bearing on your sponsorship application.....

After we received the rejection, we sent an update to CIC on our PR application (but I'm sure they didn't care at that point)

Hope this helps!

C.

eng2794

May 15, 2015
applied for TRV to my wife and she granted 5 years multiple visa from Amman office. days after we got our SA last august.her PR application been transferred to Bucharest

she applied for the TRV in person (paper) trough VAC office in Amman on June/2016 she got stamp on her passport after 13 days

-all the application forms

*She submit from her end ( her Passport copy, bank statement , letter from here work, letter from university that she have master degree final exam on coming November, two way air canada ticket (canceled 2 hours after booking) also letter to the officer with her visit reasons, letter to the officer advising him that she done her medical under family application #)

* From my end (2015 notice assessment, 2015 T4, letter from my work in canada, pay stubs, my apartment city tax, Invitation letter, Affidavit letter/promise of financial support to my wife, Marriage certification, copy of my Canadian passport , bank statement)