+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Applying for Tourist Visa while Spousal Visa in progress

sneha18

Jul 18, 2024
Hi All

I need an advice. I am from India. My husband is a PR holder in Canada and we applied for spousal visa for myself on 26th April 2024 but its been a while since we've heard anything from IRCC. We're thinking to take tourist visa route so that at lease I can visit Canada in the mean time.

Should we go ahead and apply for Tourist Visa? Or just wait for a few more months?
Also, I applied for Visitor's Visa twice last year and it got rejected both times. So is it advisable to apply third time now?

Last edited:

SpousalPR2023

Aug 11, 2024
Hi All

I need an advice. I am from India. My husband is a PR holder in Canada and we applied for spousal visa for myself on 26th April 2024 but its been a while since we've heard anything from IRCC. We're thinking to take tourist visa route so that at lease I can visit Canada in the mean time.

Should we go ahead and apply for Tourist Visa? Or just wait for a few more months?
Also, I applied for Visitor's Visa twice last year and it got rejected both times. So is it advisable to apply third time now?
Yes you should apply for TRV - your Spousal Visa process is completely independent of TRV (visit visa). You applied in April 24 , its bit soon though. Has your eligibility or background passed yet?
In either case, it does NOT matter. If you have strong financial ties to your home country and can convince that you wont stay in Canada beyond the TRV expiration, then by all means apply. Rejection should not matter. If anything, they will realize its a genuine relationship and both want to be together.