+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Applying for Temporary Visa as a Student

Nov 29, 2017
Hello,

Last week I finally obtained my study permit, and now I am applying for my Temporary Visa. The thing is that they're asking me for my latest transcript, and my previous semester was the worst. I dropped 3 courses, and the 2 that I stayed with, I got C-s. Will it affect harshly on their decision? I am so nervous now :(

Thanks,
Johnny

MarwaQuebec

Sep 20, 2017
May I ask, what is the benefit for the trv while you hold the study permit already?
Another question; as a study permit holder in Canada, and I hold B1/B2 visa to US, can I travel to US in weekends for example and come back to Canada?

winev

Star Member
Nov 29, 2017
Category........
CEC
AOR Received.
02-06-2020
Hello,

Last week I finally obtained my study permit, and now I am applying for my Temporary Visa. The thing is that they're asking me for my latest transcript, and my previous semester was the worst. I dropped 3 courses, and the 2 that I stayed with, I got C-s. Will it affect harshly on their decision? I am so nervous now :(

Thanks,
Johnny
Hi!

I don't like they will base it on your grades. They are asking for the recent transcript to show that you are currently studying or have studied in Canada.

winev

Star Member
Nov 29, 2017
Category........
CEC
AOR Received.
02-06-2020
May I ask, what is the benefit for the trv while you hold the study permit already?
Another question; as a study permit holder in Canada, and I hold B1/B2 visa to US, can I travel to US in weekends for example and come back to Canada?
Hi! You need the TRV if you want to go back here in Canada. I don't think there will be problems if you go out but you'll face problems if you want to go back in without a TRV.

MarwaQuebec

Sep 20, 2017
Hi! You need the TRV if you want to go back here in Canada. I don't think there will be problems if you go out but you'll face problems if you want to go back in without a TRV.
You mean that if I wish to visit my family in US , I need to obtain TRV visa in Canada first?? The study permit is not enough?

winev

Star Member
Nov 29, 2017
Category........
CEC
AOR Received.
02-06-2020
You mean that if I wish to visit my family in US , I need to obtain TRV visa in Canada first?? The study permit is not enough?
From what I know, study permit is not enough. Although, it all depends on where you are from. Some countries don't need to get TRV and some do.

Reactions: MarwaQuebec