+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Applying for Temporary Resident Visa while on BOWP

mdeterville

May 30, 2016
Hi All:

I was granted a BOWP last month while I wait for my PR application to be processed (PR APP Submitted on 18/05/2016, BOWP issues 21/06/2016). It is valid until June - 2017.

Just wondering, am I able to apply for a Temporary resident visa so i can travel back home to visit family for a week or so? I know that the BOWP does not authorize re-entry and my country requires a visa to enter Canada.

I tried applying for a TRV via the online application and it got cancelled with the reason being that I already have a document (BOWP) valid til june - 2017. This is a bit confusing. Although i have the BOWP, i know it doesnt authorize re-entry in case i need to visit family.

Does this mean that I can't leave Canada until my PR application is done processing and a decision made? or do i need to do a paper application instead and send it to CPC in ottawa along with my passport?

Any insight on this would be greatly appreciated.

Cheers,

Mac.

Lakesyde

Nov 3, 2015
Visa Office......
Accra VO
NOC Code......
XX17
App. Filed.......
XX-03-2014 (MPNP)
Nomination.....
XX-08-2015
AOR Received.
XX-01-2016
IELTS Request
Sent with Application
File Transfer...
None
Med's Request
XX-06-2017
Med's Done....
XX-06-2017
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
XX--07-2017
VISA ISSUED...
XX--08-2017
LANDED..........
28-09-2017
mdeterville said:
Hi All:

I was granted a BOWP last month while I wait for my PR application to be processed (PR APP Submitted on 18/05/2016, BOWP issues 21/06/2016). It is valid until June - 2017.

Just wondering, am I able to apply for a Temporary resident visa so i can travel back home to visit family for a week or so? I know that the BOWP does not authorize re-entry and my country requires a visa to enter Canada.

I tried applying for a TRV via the online application and it got cancelled with the reason being that I already have a document (BOWP) valid til june - 2017. This is a bit confusing. Although i have the BOWP, i know it doesnt authorize re-entry in case i need to visit family.

Does this mean that I can't leave Canada until my PR application is done processing and a decision made? or do i need to do a paper application instead and send it to CPC in ottawa along with my passport?

Any insight on this would be greatly appreciated.

Cheers,

Mac.
TRV allows you to re-enter canada while your work permit keeps u in Canada till u get ur PR.

Yes! Send ur application to CPC Ottawa and make sure that you use a prepaid express post for the return of ur passport. Never try to leave Canada without a TRV. Goodluck

mdeterville

May 30, 2016
Lakesyde said:
TRV allows you to re-enter canada while your work permit keeps u in Canada till u get ur PR.

Yes! Send ur application to CPC Ottawa and make sure that you use a prepaid express post for the return of ur passport. Never try to leave Canada without a TRV. Goodluck
Thanks so much for the feedback!! Greatly appreciated!!