+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Applying for Spouse living in Iran

CanHali

Mar 16, 2014
Hello All,

I applied for my spouse who is living in Iran- I am living in Halifax. CIC received my application on 4/10/2013. To date (16/03/2014- ), I am not still being approved as sponsor. CIC website states that it will take approx. 1 month for the sponsor to be approved- It is now more that 5 months. I call CIC on daily basis and All I hear is that my application has gone for second review. I have talked to two MP's and they have called CIC and they received the same answer. I have sent letters, faxes, emails to Mississauga through my lawyer and they even have not replied to any of them. Finally, I have emailed myself the minister of immigration (still waiting for reply). Can somebody help please....

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Order your GCMS notes to find out the details of what is going on with your file and what concerns may have triggered the longer processing times. If you are using an immigration lawyer and your immigration lawyer hasn't already suggested this, then I would find a new immigration lawyer and fire the one you have now. Good luck - hope you get an answer soon.

Alurra71

VIP Member
Oct 5, 2012
Ontario
Visa Office......
Vegreville
App. Filed.......
07-12-2012
AOR Received.
21-01-2013
Interview........
waived
VISA ISSUED...
28-11-2013
LANDED..........
19-12-2013
CanHali said:
Hello All,

I applied for my spouse who is living in Iran- I am living in Halifax. CIC received my application on 4/10/2013. To date (16/03/2014- ), I am not still being approved as sponsor. CIC website states that it will take approx. 1 month for the sponsor to be approved- It is now more that 5 months. I call CIC on daily basis and All I hear is that my application has gone for second review. I have talked to two MP's and they have called CIC and they received the same answer. I have sent letters, faxes, emails to Mississauga through my lawyer and they even have not replied to any of them. Finally, I have emailed myself the minister of immigration (still waiting for reply). Can somebody help please....
If they said that it has gone on for second review, they likely mean it has been transferred to your local office in Halifax and you are now officially out of the 'normal' processing stream. If I had to guess, I would say they have doubts or serious questions about your relationship. They will contact you when they are ready, but until then, there is not likely much anyone can do to 'speed' this up for you.

Good luck.

M

mikeymyke

Alurra71 said:
If they said that it has gone on for second review, they likely mean it has been transferred to your local office in Halifax and you are now officially out of the 'normal' processing stream. If I had to guess, I would say they have doubts or serious questions about your relationship. They will contact you when they are ready, but until then, there is not likely much anyone can do to 'speed' this up for you.

Good luck.
I don't know about that because he hasn't even gotten his sponsor approval yet, so they haven't even gotten to the relationship side of it yet.

Alurra71

VIP Member
Oct 5, 2012
Ontario
Visa Office......
Vegreville
App. Filed.......
07-12-2012
AOR Received.
21-01-2013
Interview........
waived
VISA ISSUED...
28-11-2013
LANDED..........
19-12-2013
mikeymyke said:
I don't know about that because he hasn't even gotten his sponsor approval yet, so they haven't even gotten to the relationship side of it yet.
There are a few who never received their sponsor approval until AFTER an interview. Depends on the red flags. Go ask CharmaineFrancis about how long it took her and her husband to get AIP. I think it was roughly 2 years or so. There can be questions raised long before sponsor approval, and if they are raised, then the file can / will be sent to local office for further review.