+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Applying for PR while GC in process

pondis2k3

Mar 27, 2009
Hi,

I have read various opinions here but I am not sure whats the final verdict ... Will applying for Canadian PR affect an ongoing US GC process? Is it legal to do so? I saw on Alberta Canada H1 Visa Category FAQ it says no. But people on this forum have said Yes ... Can anyone with experience please confirm ...

http://www.albertacanada.com/immigration/media/h1b_FAQ.pdf

Thanks ...

nani00700

Mar 14, 2009
Hi Friend.

It is legal,but only thing is they might doubt is you may not go to canada after you getting PR since you applied GC. otherwise no problem.

But i feel 95% they would accpet. there should not be any issue.

I am also same case like you, i am also in GC process and i got EAD but i don't have H1-B. that is the reason i am not able to apply AINP. but now i am planning to get new H1-B just for AINP.

Leon

VIP Member
Jun 13, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
It says the two processes don't affect each other so AINP obviously doesn't care if you are also applying for a green card. The US might care however that you are applying for AINP. If US immigration found out about that somehow, that might affect your green card.

IMO, don't try to ride two horses at the same time. Pick one and stick with it. You are also taking time and resources away from other people who are applying. Whichever program you end up picking, you have wasted the time and resources from the other one.