+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

applying for PR as family class from inside Canada

dubai2007

Jan 14, 2012
I'm visitor in Canada I've been here for over 8 months and I still have another 10 months to stay in Canada , I got married with my girl friend and she wants me to stay, so we will aply for PR from inside Canada,

I do have some banking issues from a thrid country ( not the country of origin) which means I won't be getting police certificate, what can I do to work this out?
should I not mention that i lived in that country at all? ( i don't actully wanna do that)
or how can I explain that?

Leon

VIP Member
Jun 13, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
You are a visitor and you have stayed for 8 months and plan to stay another 10? What kind of visitor visa do you have? Visits are usually limited to 6 months.

You might want to read up on inland vs. outland application. Sometimes outland can be a lot faster. It depends on where you are from. You can still apply outland while you are in Canada visiting.

You will still get a police certificate from that country but if you had committed a crime, it will show that. I don't know how serious your crime was or if it will affect your immigration plans. You might want to discuss that with a lawyer.

If you start lying to exclude this country from your address history, you will be committing misrepresentation. If immigration finds out about this, you will be deported and banned from Canada for at least 2 years. If they find out about it later, after you get PR, even after you get citizenship, they can strip you of everything and deport you. How will they find out, I don't know, maybe during background checks when checking if you really lived at the address or worked at the job you said you did while you were in that 3rd country or maybe because somebody who knows about your past rats you out. If you ever divorce in the future, it might even be your wife. It is better to fix your problems and tell the truth now.

humble01

Jan 2, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
@LEON and others. sorry I might not be the creator of these thread but i want to ask a couple of question that Is related to these.

I understand that I can apply for spousal PR out-land and still remain in Canada. but what if your current visitor visa expires and a conclusion as not been reached on the application, will I be considered to be on Implied status? If i apply for TRV extension, will CIC extend it for the fact that that I am awaiting an out-land application decision and I want to stay with my wife in Canada? (I don't know if CIC will like to know the reason why you want to extend your temporary stay in Canada as a visitor). I choose to apply from out-land because its more faster than inland from the country I legally reside (i reside in Finland on a residence permit and my application will be processed by the London visa office).

Is there any possible ways that I can use in other to apply out-land and still remain in Canada legally? In addition, if my residence permit for Finland expires while living in Canada, can I still use the London visa office for out-land application?

thank you

Leon

VIP Member
Jun 13, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
humble01 said:
I understand that I can apply for spousal PR out-land and still remain in Canada. but what if your current visitor visa expires and a conclusion as not been reached on the application, will I be considered to be on Implied status?
No, you are not under implied status. Both for inland and outland, you would have to apply to extend your visit status to stay in Canada. If you apply inland, you would send it with your application package and it is linked together. If you apply outland, you do not send it with your application package because that goes to Mississauga and your extension request goes to Vegreville. You still have to make sure you send in this application to extend before your visitor status expires. Once you have sent it in, you will be under implied status until you hear back.

humble01 said:
If i apply for TRV extension, will CIC extend it for the fact that that I am awaiting an out-land application decision and I want to stay with my wife in Canada? Is there any possible ways that I can use in other to apply out-land and still remain in Canada legally?
If you write as the reason you want to stay that you are staying with your spouse and are in the process of applying outland (include file number) you have a very high chance of being approved. It also helps to show that you have funds to support yourself without working, either with a bank statement or your spouse writing a letter and including 3 pay slips and to show that you have some kind of health/travel insurance in case of an emergency or accident.

humble01 said:
In addition, if my residence permit for Finland expires while living in Canada, can I still use the London visa office for out-land application?
If you have already applied through London, they will not transfer your file even if your residency permit expires. However, if London calls you for an interview, you would have to go there so if you need a visa to go there, you would have to get one.

dubai2007

Jan 14, 2012
Dear Leon,

thanks very much ......yes I got 6 months first and when I've sent the extention came with one year approval!!!

abut the crime...i didn't do any crime....i just didn't cancel mt visa from that certain company so they've reported me as absconder ! it's an issue with the employer, but they got the immigration involved