+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Applying for PR and OWP questions

ali_c

Jul 23, 2015
Hi everyone, I am wondering if anyone has any answers/experience on this as I have been searching the forums all day and just kept getting more questions.

I am inland and on a visitor visa that I have extended and expires end of Jan 2022

I am applying for PR and OWP via my spouse who is a canadian citizen and both our kids are citizens too

my questions are :

do I need to extend my visitor visa also or does the OWP class as status ?

on the OWP form it asks my current status - if I am applying at the same time as PR do I put Visitor or Other ?

Do I need Biometrics as I cannot remember what I did when landed in Pearson YYZ ?

Thank you in advance

Attak

Dec 29, 2016
Hi everyone, I am wondering if anyone has any answers/experience on this as I have been searching the forums all day and just kept getting more questions.

I am inland and on a visitor visa that I have extended and expires end of Jan 2022

I am applying for PR and OWP via my spouse who is a canadian citizen and both our kids are citizens too

my questions are :

do I need to extend my visitor visa also or does the OWP class as status ?

on the OWP form it asks my current status - if I am applying at the same time as PR do I put Visitor or Other ?

Do I need Biometrics as I cannot remember what I did when landed in Pearson YYZ ?

Thank you in advance
Since applying PR takes long time to get, it is always advisable to make sure you have a valid visitors visa if you intend to apply for OWP at the time of applying the PR. The OWP normally takes between 1to 3months depending on the workload. If you visitors visa will expired on January 2022. It is advisable to extend the visitors visa at the time of applying for OWP and PR. This means you make both application at the same time to avoid the risk of being out of status. IF you do become out of status after 3months you might not qualify for OWP until your PR is given approval in principle stage.