+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Applying for PR again but renounced dependent PR in the past

sj7762

Jan 7, 2023
Hi,

I am currently in Canada (currently working and completed my Masters here) for the past 2 years and I am applying for my PR. However, I was also a Permanent Resident back in 2011 when my father applied for PR. However, due to personal reasons, we didn't live in Canada long enough to meet the residency obligation. I had to renounce my PR in 2021 to be able to apply for my study permit successfully. Would my renounced PR status be an issue for my current PR application considering that I was a minor when I received the PR status in 2011?

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Hi,

I am currently in Canada (currently working and completed my Masters here) for the past 2 years and I am applying for my PR. However, I was also a Permanent Resident back in 2011 when my father applied for PR. However, due to personal reasons, we didn't live in Canada long enough to meet the residency obligation. I had to renounce my PR in 2021 to be able to apply for my study permit successfully. Would my renounced PR status be an issue for my current PR application considering that I was a minor when I received the PR status in 2011?
Not an issue. Just declare it.

Reactions: sj7762