hussainkestrel

Sep 1, 2017
App. Filed.......
20 October 2017
Med's Request
9th November 2017
Med's Done....
15th November 2017
Hello, I am an international student. I have a full time job and i can work full time till 31st of July under the public policy that students can work full time. After that I can work part time. I have asked my employer to change my status to part time which they have agreed to from 1st August 2023. Now i will be graduating on 24th August 2023 and will be getting my grades then, however, The university told me to get the official letter from the university, I would have to wait a week or two after 1st September 2023. I know i can not work after 31st August (according to my university, this will be the date for completion of my degree) and before applying for my PGWP. I would ideally want to avoid this since it took much convincing to get approved for part time and now asking for a leave would be a hassle.

My question is, I can see on the cic website that I can apply using my official transcript for my PGWP: https://www.cic.gc.ca/english/helpcentre/answer.asp?qnum=755&top=15

I am attaching a text from there:

All you need to apply for a PGWP is

an official letter from your school that confirms you’ve completed your study program or

an official transcript or

a copy of your transcript from your school’s website.

Can i do this using the official transcript as explained above or do i have to wait for the letter. I can send the letter via webform as soon as i get it. This way I will be on implied status and can start working full time.

Last edited: