+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Applying for PGWP and SOWP extension for the first time

Shobyy

Nov 29, 2014
Hello everyone

I would appreciate it if someone could guide us. My wife is a student (recently graduated with a master's degree), and I have an SOWP. She will be applying for PGWP soon. She has an offer for permanent employment, which she will start after she applies for PGWP. Since we plan on applying together for her PGWP and my SOWP extension, should we include details of her job offer in the imm5710e form? or should we add the offer letter in the additional files? I am asking this because, for the SOWP extension, the partner (student) has to have a permanent job. I am just confused if I add the details in the imm5710e form, would they decide to give a close work permit to my wife, where she won't be able to work somewhere else other than this job?

Would also appreciate it if someone with a similar experience could guide us more on how to fill the experience section in the form.

Thank you

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Hello everyone

I would appreciate it if someone could guide us. My wife is a student (recently graduated with a master's degree), and I have an SOWP. She will be applying for PGWP soon. She has an offer for permanent employment, which she will start after she applies for PGWP. Since we plan on applying together for her PGWP and my SOWP extension, should we include details of her job offer in the imm5710e form? or should we add the offer letter in the additional files? I am asking this because, for the SOWP extension, the partner (student) has to have a permanent job. I am just confused if I add the details in the imm5710e form, would they decide to give a close work permit to my wife, where she won't be able to work somewhere else other than this job?

Would also appreciate it if someone with a similar experience could guide us more on how to fill the experience section in the form.

Thank you
You should not apply for the SOWP extension until your wife has started working in her new job and can provide a few pay stubs as evidence.

Shobyy

Nov 29, 2014
You should not apply for the SOWP extension until your wife has started working in her new job and can provide a few pay stubs as evidence.
Thanks for your reply. Another question: The place where she got the permanent job is the same job she was working at during her study permit. So, can we attach those paystubs as a reference?

Last edited: