+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Applying for J1 with a on process F1

vj25

Jul 18, 2024
Hi! I hope someone can help me it's kind of complicated. I just finished a J1 program in the US and during my grace period my changing of F1 status was filed and I'm still waiting for the response from USCIS so technically right now I don't have a valid US visa and my lawyer told me that it's okay to stay here in the US for a certain period of time while waiting for the response from USCIS... but right now I'm thinking of applying for a J1 in Canada instead and no longer pursue my F1 here in the US for the reason that I want to pursue my growth in the career I've chose in Canada.. is this possible? or is it better to wait for the response from USCIS regarding my change of status so on and so forth... before taking any further steps of what can u guys advise me to do. Thank you in advance

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Hi! I hope someone can help me it's kind of complicated. I just finished a J1 program in the US and during my grace period my changing of F1 status was filed and I'm still waiting for the response from USCIS so technically right now I don't have a valid US visa and my lawyer told me that it's okay to stay here in the US for a certain period of time while waiting for the response from USCIS... but right now I'm thinking of applying for a J1 in Canada instead and no longer pursue my F1 here in the US for the reason that I want to pursue my growth in the career I've chose in Canada.. is this possible? or is it better to wait for the response from USCIS regarding my change of status so on and so forth... before taking any further steps of what can u guys advise me to do. Thank you in advance
What's a J1? Canada doesn't have anything called a J1.