+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Applying for initial work permit under the visitor-worker public policy. BC PNP nominated. HELP pls.

yuzuanne

Aug 23, 2023
BC
Category........
PNP
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
Nomination.....
08-29-2023
Hi!

I would appreciate if someone can enlighten me on how to proceed with regards to my application. I plan on submitting my work permit application tomorrow as my employer really needs me to start at work.

My background:
- From the PHL, currently living in BC.
- currently on "Maintained/implied status" for temporary resident/visitor. My Visitor record expired June 30, 2023 so I applied last June 3, 2023. My visitor visa expired last June 15, 2022 so I am just extending my status since then.
- A Registered Nurse with BCCNM.
- Hired by a Health Authority through IMP
- also with a BC PNP nomination and work permit support letter
- I have a EEBC profile with a CRS of 1013. Just waiting for my ITA

I would like to obtain my work permit as soon as possible and is only considering the paper application or flagpoling since online application takes months to process. However, Health Match BC advised me to avoid the flagpoling route since it's risky and I'm still on implied status.

Any thoughts about my situation will be much appreciated. Thank you very much! :)

GandiBaat

VIP Member
Dec 23, 2014
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
26th September 2021
Doc's Request.
Old Medical
Nomination.....
None
AOR Received.
26th September 2021
IELTS Request
Sent with application
File Transfer...
11-01-2022
Med's Request
Not Applicable, Old Meds
Med's Done....
Old Medical
Interview........
Not Applicable
Passport Req..
22-02-2022
VISA ISSUED...
22-02-2022
LANDED..........
24-02-2022
Hi!

I would appreciate if someone can enlighten me on how to proceed with regards to my application. I plan on submitting my work permit application tomorrow as my employer really needs me to start at work.

My background:
- From the PHL, currently living in BC.
- currently on "Maintained/implied status" for temporary resident/visitor. My Visitor record expired June 30, 2023 so I applied last June 3, 2023. My visitor visa expired last June 15, 2022 so I am just extending my status since then.
- A Registered Nurse with BCCNM.
- Hired by a Health Authority through IMP
- also with a BC PNP nomination and work permit support letter
- I have a EEBC profile with a CRS of 1013. Just waiting for my ITA

I would like to obtain my work permit as soon as possible and is only considering the paper application or flagpoling since online application takes months to process. However, Health Match BC advised me to avoid the flagpoling route since it's risky and I'm still on implied status.

Any thoughts about my situation will be much appreciated. Thank you very much! :)
Hiii!

1. Do not try to exit canada and re-enter. It will void your Maintained/Implied Status.

2. Maintained Status is still a status making you a temporary resident in Canada. Is it good enough to apply for a Work Permit under this policy (https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/news/notices/visit-to-work.html)? I do not know. It may just be. Ask @legalfalcon

3. You SHOULD be able to apply for a work permit using your work permit support letter and job offer. The thing that is unclear is maintained status. I think it should work. Again as above, ask legalfalcon.

4. Apply for PR after you get your WP, IMHO, it will make getting BOWP easier later. Of course if something else is forcing you to apply for PR that a separate concern. Something like ITA expiring or BC-PNP time limits. No you should be fine either way : https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/work-canada/extend-permit/bridging-open-work-permit.html

5. Your forum name is very cute! Yuzu Anne.

yuzuanne

Aug 23, 2023
BC
Category........
PNP
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
Nomination.....
08-29-2023
Thank you for the insights and compliment :)

Hiii!

1. Do not try to exit canada and re-enter. It will void your Maintained/Implied Status.

2. Maintained Status is still a status making you a temporary resident in Canada. Is it good enough to apply for a Work Permit under this policy (https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/news/notices/visit-to-work.html)? I do not know. It may just be. Ask @legalfalcon

3. You SHOULD be able to apply for a work permit using your work permit support letter and job offer. The thing that is unclear is maintained status. I think it should work. Again as above, ask legalfalcon.

4. Apply for PR after you get your WP, IMHO, it will make getting BOWP easier later. Of course if something else is forcing you to apply for PR that a separate concern. Something like ITA expiring or BC-PNP time limits. No you should be fine either way : https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/work-canada/extend-permit/bridging-open-work-permit.html

5. Your forum name is very cute! Yuzu Anne.