+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Applying for FSW and Express Entry, will applying for both be valid?

jlauhn

Star Member
Nov 19, 2014
Honduras
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Can somebody apply for FSW and Express Entry, and then withdraw the application from either one?

Regina

VIP Member
Feb 2, 2006
Beautiful British Columbia
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
There will not be FSW as it is now when EOI starts. In 2015 you will not have choice but only apply through EOI. IF you get ITA then you will see under which program you could apply.

jes_ON

VIP Member
Jun 22, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
New York
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-May-2010
AOR Received.
13-Aug-2010
File Transfer...
01-Mar-2011
Passport Req..
30-Jun-2011
VISA ISSUED...
12-Jul-2011 (received 25-Jul-2011)
LANDED..........
03-Sep-2011
OK. "Express entry" is not a program, it is an application processing strategy. CIC calls it an "application management system."

FSW, CEC, FST, PNP... will all continue to exist (at least initially...). If you submit your express entry application, and receive the invitation to apply, you then have to apply through one of the economic class programs (you still have to meet the program requirements).

"Can somebody apply for FSW and Express Entry, and then withdraw the application from either one?"

I think what you mean is, can someone apply for FSW now, and then again later through the express entry process?

That's a good question... generally, you are allowed to apply for more than one program, but only have one application per program in process. I think you would have to withdraw one before you could submit the other - that is, if you still intend to apply through FSW when the express entry process starts. If you expect to qualify through a different program, such as CEC, then I think you would be able to do both.

Castiel

Star Member
Aug 28, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Colombo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Docs send - 19th December
Doc's Request.
PER received 9th of March
AOR Received.
Nope
File Transfer...
RPRF 5th of May
Med's Request
5th of May
Med's Done....
7th of May
Interview........
no need :p lol
Passport Req..
waiting
VISA ISSUED...
soon
LANDED..........
This year
jlauhn said:
Yes, that is what I meant. Thank you!
Now my fsw application just reached to cio. Can I send up for express entry as well.? Will the be a problem for my fsw application?

doc_mady

Star Member
Dec 12, 2014
YES YOU CAN!
quote from CIC
30. I am currently waiting for my application for permanent residence to be processed in the Federal Skilled Worker Program. Can I submit an Express Entry profile?

You may submit a new Express Entry profile, but it is not necessary. However, we will not refund any processing fees paid related to your original application. Your existing application will be processed based on the rules in place at the time you applied.

If you choose to create an Express Entry profile and are invited to apply, you will be required to submit a new application for permanent residence and the associated processing fees.

next2015

Nov 18, 2014
Will you also be required to resubmit supporting documents or will they simply refer to the docs submitted with the first application?