+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Applying for Express Entry with Dual Citizenship

nellac

Jan 27, 2020
I am finally eligible to apply for express entry. For the last few years, I have had all my visas (including student permit and work permit) under my Brazilian citizenship, however, this has been a nuisance for me more than anything. I am a dual-citizen of Brazil and Italy, which allows me to cross to the States with no visa required as long as I have my Italian passport on me and ESTA up-to-date. The issue is that every time I cross over to the States I have to enter with my Italian passport and come back to Canada with my Brazilian one, or even worse, in case of a layover in the States I have issues being let on the plane considering I have dual citizenship and have to use one on each country.
My question is, would I be able to apply with my Italian citizenship for my express entry even though I have all my previous records of permits on my Brazilian passport?

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
I am finally eligible to apply for express entry. For the last few years, I have had all my visas (including student permit and work permit) under my Brazilian citizenship, however, this has been a nuisance for me more than anything. I am a dual-citizen of Brazil and Italy, which allows me to cross to the States with no visa required as long as I have my Italian passport on me and ESTA up-to-date. The issue is that every time I cross over to the States I have to enter with my Italian passport and come back to Canada with my Brazilian one, or even worse, in case of a layover in the States I have issues being let on the plane considering I have dual citizenship and have to use one on each country.
My question is, would I be able to apply with my Italian citizenship for my express entry even though I have all my previous records of permits on my Brazilian passport?
Yes - you can do this.