+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Applying for express entry before receiving transcript

Sarantos

Star Member
Apr 14, 2017
Hi all,

I'm due to receive my transcript in February. I've already passed and know I'll be getting my transcript as I've been told already by the college.

My question is if I set up my profile now indicating that I've earned my diploma and get within the points required for the draw will the officers reject it because I applied in December for the profile and not February as that's when I receive my transcript.

Also how many days do you have to upload documents? I was hoping to upload my transcript in February.

Regards,
Sarantos

krishme007

Star Member
Sep 14, 2017
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
06-09-2017
AOR Received.
23-10-2017
Med's Done....
04-11-2017
Passport Req..
17-11-2017
VISA ISSUED...
18-12-2017
Hey there, first of all, if you have studied in a non Canadian University, you need to get your degree evaluated by one of the services - WES/ICAS etc. You need transcripts for this. This process takes anywhere between 3-8weeks or more.
For creating profile, you don't need any transcripts. After you get invite, you need to provide the details of your degree and such in the given window period(90 days).
Usually, people get their degree evaluated, get IELTS score before creating a profile. Evaluation services are not usually reliable on timelines. So better get it first and then create a profile as it might save you lot of undesired risks.

Sarantos

Star Member
Apr 14, 2017
Thank you for the quick response on this.
I actually studied here so I won't require evaluation and have my CELPIP results already.

krishme007

Star Member
Sep 14, 2017
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
06-09-2017
AOR Received.
23-10-2017
Med's Done....
04-11-2017
Passport Req..
17-11-2017
VISA ISSUED...
18-12-2017
Thank you for the quick response on this.
I actually studied here so I won't require evaluation and have my CELPIP results already.
You would still need to upload your diploma certificate post ITA. Make sure that's available. From what I know, diploma certificate is mandatory, whereas the transcripts may be asked. So, better to have both. If you are sure to get it by Feb, you can make your profile available for next draw.

mansi14feb

Jun 7, 2018
Hi Experts,

I desperately in need of advise on my situation.

I have received PNP through Ontario, submitted ITA and waiting for COPR. On the other hand, my employer is filing a work permit for Calgary, Alberta. I will be travelling from US to Calgary in a month from now.

1. Should I send a letter to CIC staying that my employer has applied for a work permit to temporary work in Calgary, AB? Will that impact my ongoing application in any way given that it is through PNP?

2. I will be in Calgary, AB when I will receive my COPR. Do I have to travel to immigration office in Ontario somewhere to prove that I am already present in Canada? Would they allow me to continue working in Calgary given that it is temporary and with the assurance that my employer will send me to Ontario to work on another project after the completion of Calgary based project soon?

Please help!

Thanks
Kapil Agarwal