+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Applying for Citizenship with VoS instead of CoPR

zheka

Star Member
Jul 17, 2017
I've lost my Confirmation of Permanent Residence (CoPR) document and requested the Verification of Status (VoS). Recently I have received an e-mail with a PDF page of VoS. The accompanying e-mail have stated that I am not going to receive any other paper except this electronic document.
Now I need to apply for the citizenship. I wonder if I should just print out this document and include it with my application along with an explanation letter? Also I have heard that one should bring the original CoPR to the ceremony. Should I bring the printed VoS instead (when time comes..) ?

Thank you

egedenizi

Oct 18, 2012
I have the same issue. I lost COPR so I applied for VOS. May I know how long it took you to receive that email from CIC?

zheka

Star Member
Jul 17, 2017
I just called IRCC and the agent confirmed that the printout of the VOS should be sufficient for both the application and the ceremony. Still would like to hear some personal experiences though.

zheka

Star Member
Jul 17, 2017
do we have to send an explanation letter together with VOS?
It won't harm I guess.. I've just included few lines like "Attaching the VOS document instead of a lost COPR" (expand the abbreviations to get it more convincing..)

Aarti123

Jan 4, 2018
It won't harm I guess.. I've just included few lines like "Attaching the VOS document instead of a lost COPR" (expand the abbreviations to get it more convincing..)
hey did the VOS work or did you get any problems?