+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Applying for CEC in Canada vs outside of Canada as temporary workers??

jhugh84

Jan 29, 2015
Both me and my partner are here on a temporary worker work permits, and once we have our qualifications assessed we expect to have enough points to be selected for CEC through Express Entry (assuming it doesn't go up too much anyway!!).

We are working in Canada at present but are considering quitting our jobs to do some travelling and take out some time to visit family if we get ITA, before heading back to Canada when we (hopefully) obtain PR.

My question - under CEC/EE is there any difference between applying in Canada while we are working here (current situation), or applying outside of Canada when not working here (potential situation we are considering)?

Any help I would be grateful for - I've seen loads of info relating to spouse's being sponsored but nothing on our situation!

thanks!

Reactions: C_vitamin

C_vitamin

Star Member
Jul 29, 2020
Both me and my partner are here on a temporary worker work permits, and once we have our qualifications assessed we expect to have enough points to be selected for CEC through Express Entry (assuming it doesn't go up too much anyway!!).

We are working in Canada at present but are considering quitting our jobs to do some travelling and take out some time to visit family if we get ITA, before heading back to Canada when we (hopefully) obtain PR.

My question - under CEC/EE is there any difference between applying in Canada while we are working here (current situation), or applying outside of Canada when not working here (potential situation we are considering)?

Any help I would be grateful for - I've seen loads of info relating to spouse's being sponsored but nothing on our situation!

thanks!
Hi Jhugh84,

Did you applied CEC outside of the Canada? What is the difference? Can you give some details. I may leave from the country after I completed 1 year work experience.