+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Applying for CEC before the PGWP expires

ali928

Oct 3, 2013
Here's my situation

*Done 12-month diploma in early childhood education from Canadian College in Toronto
*Got 12 months Post Graduation Work Permit (PGWP)
*Currently working in a Montessori School

Trying to apply under Canadian Experience Class (CEC)

My question is, the pre-requisite for applying under CEC is 12 months of full-time work experience. I currently have 10 months of full-time work experience. CEC needs 12 months full-time experience and my work-permit is also for 12 months, If I wait for 12 months experience to complete, I will go out of status. Is there anyway to synchronize the timings? I want to apply under CEC and try to get "bridge work permit" till the decision is made on CEC application.

1. What are my options?
2. Do I have to ask my Employer to get LMO for me and then get a another work-permit while the decision is made on my CEC application?
3. Is it very long and difficult process to get the new work-permit? (I dont think my employer would want to go through the hassles of getting LMO and applying for workpermit since there are lots of potential teachers out there who would want to work in this field. He can simply hire someone else rather than going through the hassle of getting a new work-permit for me)

Please advise

Thanks

samir3132

Champion Member
Jun 15, 2010
Visa Office......
cpp
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
Nov 22, 2013
AOR Received.
Jan 08, 2014
IELTS Request
submitted with application
File Transfer...
Jan 11, 2014
Med's Request
June 04 2014
Med's Done....
June 06 2014
Passport Req..
sep 26,2014
VISA ISSUED...
06 Oct 2014
LANDED..........
Feb 01 2015
ali928 said:
Here's my situation

*Done 12-month diploma in early childhood education from Canadian College in Toronto
*Got 12 months Post Graduation Work Permit (PGWP)
*Currently working in a Montessori School

Trying to apply under Canadian Experience Class (CEC)

My question is, the pre-requisite for applying under CEC is 12 months of full-time work experience. I currently have 10 months of full-time work experience. CEC needs 12 months full-time experience and my work-permit is also for 12 months, If I wait for 12 months experience to complete, I will go out of status. Is there anyway to synchronize the timings? I want to apply under CEC and try to get "bridge work permit" till the decision is made on CEC application.

1. What are my options?

LMO
2. Do I have to ask my Employer to get LMO for me and then get a another work-permit while the decision is made on my CEC application?

YES
3. Is it very long and difficult process to get the new work-permit? (I dont think my employer would want to go through the hassles of getting LMO and applying for workpermit since there are lots of potential teachers out there who would want to work in this field. He can simply hire someone else rather than going through the hassle of getting a new work-permit for me)

NO OPTION SORRY

Please advise

Thanks