+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Applying for Canadian PR as a HS Math teacher!!!

paramsense8

Dec 12, 2023
Hi all,

I am a 40-year-old Australian high school Math teacher. I have taught in Australia for 7 years and I am currently teaching in California as a Math teacher. I am considering applying for Canadian PR and living in BC (Vancouver in particular).

I checked on CIC's website and I seem to be eligible for an express entry. However, my CRS score is 418, and an immigration attorney told me that I should apply for BC PNP but BC PNP doesn't seem to have teachers as a field that they need.

What should I do next?

Should I take care of the whole process by myself or hire an immigration attorney?

Your comments and suggestions are highly appreciated.

Thank you

Param

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Hi all,

I am a 40-year-old Australian high school Math teacher. I have taught in Australia for 7 years and I am currently teaching in California as a Math teacher. I am considering applying for Canadian PR and living in BC (Vancouver in particular).

I checked on CIC's website and I seem to be eligible for an express entry. However, my CRS score is 418, and an immigration attorney told me that I should apply for BC PNP but BC PNP doesn't seem to have teachers as a field that they need.

What should I do next?

Should I take care of the whole process by myself or hire an immigration attorney?

Your comments and suggestions are highly appreciated.

Thank you

Param
To be eligible for EE, you need to calculate eligibility points based on age, education, work experience, language and funds. Being 40 you lose almost all points for age. So if you are eligible and score is 418 that is way too low for invitation. Draws are over 500 right now.

BC PNP is only an option if you get a job offer and employer is eligible to support your nomination. If you are not licensed to teach in BC then chances of a job offer in teaching are slim to none.