+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Applying for a TRV with expired Study Permit but ongoing study permit extension application.

Keyjoe23

Jul 31, 2015
Hey guys,

I applied for a study permit extension for my sister on May 10th.

Her Study Permit along with her TRV expired on May 15th as her passport expired.

She already had her new passport and I used her new passport for the Study Permit Extension.

The issue now is that she had to travel out of country and of course to come back she needs to have a TRV along with a valid Study Permit.

I was hoping that she gets her Study Permit extension by July so that she applies on TRV using it and call it a day.

but given that now it takes way longer than 55 days to get a study permit extension, I wonder what her options are now? I know that she has implied status until the extension is approved or refused.

Can we apply for a TRV with the expired SP mentioning that she has applied for extension already before the current SP expires? Logically speaking, she is still on a student status since she has a SP extension application ongoing, but the TRV application says (Upload a valid SP) which is confusing me.

Could someone help?