+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Applying for a Tourist Visa: Seeking Guidance

Rayster325

Jun 29, 2024
Hi everyone, I need some guidance. My sister invited me and my mom to visit her in Vancouver, Canada next June. My mom's application should be straightforward since she is being sponsored. However, I need to apply for a tourist visa, and I don't currently have a job.

I've been working for over 10 years, but due to the unstable job market, I was recently laid off. I do have some savings, but I'm unsure whether I should apply for the visa now or wait until I find a new job.

Any suggestions would be appreciated! Thank you.

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
No such thing as sponsorship for a TRV so not sure how it is straightforward for your mother. She has to show ties to return, funds, travel history too.

rcincanada2019

Jan 14, 2023
Ontario
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Sydney, NS
App. Filed.......
03-07-2022
Nomination.....
30-03-2022
AOR Received.
03-11-2022
Hi everyone, I need some guidance. My sister invited me and my mom to visit her in Vancouver, Canada next June. My mom's application should be straightforward since she is being sponsored. However, I need to apply for a tourist visa, and I don't currently have a job.

I've been working for over 10 years, but due to the unstable job market, I was recently laid off. I do have some savings, but I'm unsure whether I should apply for the visa now or wait until I find a new job.

Any suggestions would be appreciated! Thank you.
If you hold a valid US visa, you can apply for an ETA instead (I'm assuming you're Filipino because of your avatar):

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/news/2023/06/eligible-travellers-from-13-more-countries-now-qualify-for-an-electronic-travel-authorization.html