+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Applying for a study permit and have some question for Application form imm1294, and general questions

sherifkotb

Mar 12, 2021
I'm about to apply for a study permit visa since I got accepted for an MSc, and I have some questions regarding the application forms and other general question, I will demonstrate them in the following points:

1- Regarding the Application form imm1294e, the section of "details of intended studies in Canada", question 4:
1.1- "tuition", Should I insert the tuition fees for the first year only?
1.2- "room and board", If the cost of room and board not mentioned in the acceptance letter, will I write an estimated value there?
1.3- "other", what should I write in this part, and stuff like books, health insurance, and transportation, should I put them as well?
- for question 5 and 6:
1.4- "Funds available for my stay", in this part I'm a little confused, I will be self-funded and at the same time I have an assistantship from my university for the 2 years of my master degree study, so will I sum the amount of money I got in my bank account + the amount of money that the university will give me and put them into this section? if yes, will I add the whole assistantship money for the 2 years, or will add only for 1 year?
1.5- "Other", in this section, if I summed the bank account money and the assistantship money in the previous question will I mention the assistantship amount in this section and also mention that plus that I'm self-funded?

2- In the Application form imm1294e, the section of "Employment", questions1:
2.1- If I'm on a scholarship and not working at this moment, will I put the scholarship information inside this section, or will leave it blank?

3- In the application form imm1294e, the section of "Language", question 1 part (d :
3.1- I have taken an IELTS exam "Academic" on 2 March 2019, so I guess it completed 2 years since now it's 11 March 2021, so will I put yes or no? and if it's yes, will I attach my IELTS certificate with my documents when I apply online, and where should I attach it?

4- In the Family form imm5645e, it says "complete all names in English and in native language", so will I write my name in Arabic beside my name in English? or the Arabic name should be in another form, not the same form where the English name exists? and if there is no space to write my full Arabic name? will I just write the first name and what I can write from the middle name? like in this picture:

here I didn't have space to write the last name in Arabic.

5- In the family form imm5645e, if some section I won't fill like If I'm single and not married will I type N/A in section A, spouse relation, and will that also apply on other questions? like the picture below:

6- According to Cairo visa office instructions, I will need to attach a Study Plan and my curriculum vitae, since I'm applying online, will I attach the study plan and cv in the optional documents section? and will I combine them in 1 pdf and just upload them or I will have to add a page at the beginning that has points of the documents I will attach?

7- Study Plan, should I write the study plan in a required structure, like shall I write it as a letter, or should it be questions and answers?

8- Will I have to attach a letter of explanation?

9- Do I have to attach a police certificate?

10- If I have an assistantship from the university, should a bank account contains money that covers the first year tuition+ accommodation? or assistantship money will be added to the funds available? or it's better to have enough money in my bank account that covers both tuition and accommodation even if I have an assistantship that covers my accommodation?

11- Last question, about biometrics, when should I book an appointment to take the biometrics? should I first submit my application then wait for the letter and then book an appointment?

Thanks a lot.

Humpholito24

Sep 20, 2019
I'm about to apply for a study permit visa since I got accepted for an MSc, and I have some questions regarding the application forms and other general question, I will demonstrate them in the following points:

1- Regarding the Application form imm1294e, the section of "details of intended studies in Canada", question 4:
1.1- "tuition", Should I insert the tuition fees for the first year only?
1.2- "room and board", If the cost of room and board not mentioned in the acceptance letter, will I write an estimated value there?
1.3- "other", what should I write in this part, and stuff like books, health insurance, and transportation, should I put them as well?
- for question 5 and 6:
1.4- "Funds available for my stay", in this part I'm a little confused, I will be self-funded and at the same time I have an assistantship from my university for the 2 years of my master degree study, so will I sum the amount of money I got in my bank account + the amount of money that the university will give me and put them into this section? if yes, will I add the whole assistantship money for the 2 years, or will add only for 1 year?
1.5- "Other", in this section, if I summed the bank account money and the assistantship money in the previous question will I mention the assistantship amount in this section and also mention that plus that I'm self-funded?

2- In the Application form imm1294e, the section of "Employment", questions1:
2.1- If I'm on a scholarship and not working at this moment, will I put the scholarship information inside this section, or will leave it blank?

3- In the application form imm1294e, the section of "Language", question 1 part (d :
3.1- I have taken an IELTS exam "Academic" on 2 March 2019, so I guess it completed 2 years since now it's 11 March 2021, so will I put yes or no? and if it's yes, will I attach my IELTS certificate with my documents when I apply online, and where should I attach it?

4- In the Family form imm5645e, it says "complete all names in English and in native language", so will I write my name in Arabic beside my name in English? or the Arabic name should be in another form, not the same form where the English name exists? and if there is no space to write my full Arabic name? will I just write the first name and what I can write from the middle name? like in this picture:

here I didn't have space to write the last name in Arabic.

5- In the family form imm5645e, if some section I won't fill like If I'm single and not married will I type N/A in section A, spouse relation, and will that also apply on other questions? like the picture below:

6- According to Cairo visa office instructions, I will need to attach a Study Plan and my curriculum vitae, since I'm applying online, will I attach the study plan and cv in the optional documents section? and will I combine them in 1 pdf and just upload them or I will have to add a page at the beginning that has points of the documents I will attach?

7- Study Plan, should I write the study plan in a required structure, like shall I write it as a letter, or should it be questions and answers?

8- Will I have to attach a letter of explanation?

9- Do I have to attach a police certificate?

10- If I have an assistantship from the university, should a bank account contains money that covers the first year tuition+ accommodation? or assistantship money will be added to the funds available? or it's better to have enough money in my bank account that covers both tuition and accommodation even if I have an assistantship that covers my accommodation?

11- Last question, about biometrics, when should I book an appointment to take the biometrics? should I first submit my application then wait for the letter and then book an appointment?

Thanks a lot.
1. Tuition will be what on your LOE if it has, if not, yes per year, room and board; if you don't know, leave it blank or put an estimation per year. Books and health, leave it blank.

Funds available for your stay, yes, all the total available from your bank. Not sure if you can include a scholarship. 1.5: Yes

2. Do you have previous employment? or you never worked at all since you were born?

3. That's already expired. You will redo another, and you will say yes. You can attach it together with other documents. Not sure if there is a part where you can attach IELTS; if not, attach them on optional documents.

4. I think you did it correctly. You should be okay that way.

5. You can leave it blank or write N/A as well.

6. Yes, you can merge files. Now that you mentioned Curriculum Vitae, all the employments there go to employment sections, not scholarship.

7. It will be like a letter.

8. Letter of explanation is optional; if you feel like you want to make your application strong, go for it.

9. I don't think a police certificate is required. I might be wrong.

10. Yes. It is better to have enough money even if you have a scholarship

11. Yes, wait for them to send you a letter first for biometric.

sherifkotb

Mar 12, 2021
1. Tuition will be what on your LOE if it has, if not, yes per year, room and board; if you don't know, leave it blank or put an estimation per year. Books and health, leave it blank.

Funds available for your stay, yes, all the total available from your bank. Not sure if you can include a scholarship. 1.5: Yes

2. Do you have previous employment? or you never worked at all since you were born?

3. That's already expired. You will redo another, and you will say yes. You can attach it together with other documents. Not sure if there is a part where you can attach IELTS; if not, attach them on optional documents.

4. I think you did it correctly. You should be okay that way.

5. You can leave it blank or write N/A as well.

6. Yes, you can merge files. Now that you mentioned Curriculum Vitae, all the employments there go to employment sections, not scholarship.

7. It will be like a letter.

8. Letter of explanation is optional; if you feel like you want to make your application strong, go for it.

9. I don't think a police certificate is required. I might be wrong.

10. Yes. It is better to have enough money even if you have a scholarship

11. Yes, wait for them to send you a letter first for biometric.
- Can you please give me a detailed answer to question 1.4
- "2. Do you have previous employment? or you never worked at all since you were born?" yes I have. but right now I'm on a scholarship for 3 month
- for this part " That's already expired. You will redo another, " why would I take another exam, they don't require taking the exam, this is an exam I have already taken and it's just expired 10 days ago not months, do you think it's wrong to attach it and mark yes?
- about the part of the explanation letter, what should I write in that part, since I already cleared why I wanna study in Canada in my study plan.

Humpholito24

Sep 20, 2019
- Can you please give me a detailed answer to question 1.4
- "2. Do you have previous employment? or you never worked at all since you were born?" yes I have. but right now I'm on a scholarship for 3 month
- for this part " That's already expired. You will redo another, " why would I take another exam, they don't require taking the exam, this is an exam I have already taken and it's just expired 10 days ago not months, do you think it's wrong to attach it and mark yes?
- about the part of the explanation letter, what should I write in that part, since I already cleared why I wanna study in Canada in my study plan.
For 1.4, I read it once more. You can add it to 1 year or the entire 2 years if you want.

The employment part is all your past employment. The scholarship doesn't need to go there.

IRCC might ask you to resubmit IELTS since it is already expired if you end up submitting that. If you did apply before the 2nd, that would have been a different case. If you are applying under non-SDS, you do not need it. You can say yes, then submit the old one and see if they will ask you to resubmit.

If you did explain in your study plan, then you do not need a Letter of Explanation. That's exactly the purpose of a letter of explanation.

sherifkotb

Mar 12, 2021
For 1.4, I read it once more. You can add it to 1 year or the entire 2 years if you want.

The employment part is all your past employment. The scholarship doesn't need to go there.

IRCC might ask you to resubmit IELTS since it is already expired if you end up submitting that. If you did apply before the 2nd, that would have been a different case. If you are applying under non-SDS, you do not need it. You can say yes, then submit the old one and see if they will ask you to resubmit.

If you did explain in your study plan, then you do not need a Letter of Explanation. That's exactly the purpose of a letter of explanation.
-So you think it's better for me that I don't attach the IELTS since it's expired because they might ask me for a valid one?
that would be a nightmare if they asked me to retake the IELTS, so you recommend me not to put it?
-I don't know what SDS mean

Humpholito24

Sep 20, 2019
-So you think it's better for me that I don't attach the IELTS since it's expired because they might ask me for a valid one?
that would be a nightmare if they asked me to retake the IELTS, so you recommend me not to put it?
-I don't know what SDS mean
Most master's students do not need it. Just say yes and submit it; it is better for them to ask you to resubmit than being rejected for missing documents.

SDS is a student direct stream; only a few countries qualify. This is where they get a permit quicker, but they have to submit some documents such as GIC, IELTS etc.

sherifkotb

Mar 12, 2021
Most master's students do not need it. Just say yes and submit it; it is better for them to ask you to resubmit than being rejected for missing documents.

SDS is a student direct stream; only a few countries qualify. This is where they get a permit quicker, but they have to submit some documents such as GIC, IELTS etc.
The thing that I'm afraid of is this if I attached an expired IELTS certificate that might give them a reason to ask me to retake the exam again. Because IELTS certificate isn't from the required papers, so I think they care about my acceptance letter more than IELTS, or what do you think?

Humpholito24

Sep 20, 2019
The thing that I'm afraid of is this if I attached an expired IELTS certificate that might give them a reason to ask me to retake the exam again. Because IELTS certificate isn't from the required papers, so I think they care about my acceptance letter more than IELTS, or what do you think?
That depends on where you are applying from; not everyone is exempt from IELTS.

sherifkotb

Mar 12, 2021
That depends on where you are applying from; not everyone is exempt from IELTS.
I'm applying from Egypt, but I mean it shouldn't be uncompleted documents because they didn't tell me to put an IELTS certificate, I was going to put it because I thought 2 weeks after the expiry date won't make a problem, but now it turns it might be a problem because I will attach an expire certificate and that might give them a reason to ask me to retake it, right?

Humpholito24

Sep 20, 2019
I'm applying from Egypt, but I mean it shouldn't be uncompleted documents because they didn't tell me to put an IELTS certificate, I was going to put it because I thought 2 weeks after the expiry date won't make a problem, but now it turns it might be a problem because I will attach an expire certificate and that might give them a reason to ask me to retake it, right?
Some people have been rejected for missing language tests. Check that forum

https://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/refusal-because-missing-ielts-test-result.100333/

Humpholito24

Sep 20, 2019
But I'm applying for a study permit visa, in my checklist they don't ask for an IELTS certificate. This post you gave me is about skilled worker/professional immigration.
Whether a work visa or study permit, you have to submit it if required. It doesn't have the IELTS part; you just merge it with other documents.