+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Applying for a foreign visitor visa while PR application is still processing

bp8492

Star Member
Dec 2, 2018
Hello,

I submitted my PR application under CEC a couple of months ago, and I have received an AOR.
I plan on travelling to the UK later this year and have begun preparing to apply for a visitor visa.
This will be my first UK visa application.

I am aware that any previous visa refusals should be mentioned when applying for a Canadian PR, and failing to mention so
could result in rejection and a ban for misrepresentation.

In my case, I haven't applied for a UK visitor visa yet. However, this just came to my mind.
Hypothetically speaking, what if, in the worst-case scenario, my UK visitor visa application was rejected while my Canadian PR application is still being processed?
Should I submit a webform and inform that several months after I submitted my PR application, I applied for a UK visa and the application got rejected, and mention the reason for refusal?

Also, would having a foreign visa refusal AFTER applying for Canadian PR impact the PR application?

Thanks in advance.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Hello,

I submitted my PR application under CEC a couple of months ago, and I have received an AOR.
I plan on travelling to the UK later this year and have begun preparing to apply for a visitor visa.

I am aware that any previous visa refusals should be mentioned when applying for a Canadian PR, and failing to mention so

In my case, I haven't applied for a UK visitor visa yet. However, this just came to my mind.
Hypothetically speaking, what if, in the worst-case scenario, my UK visitor visa application was rejected while my Canadian PR application is still being processed?
Should I submit a webform and inform that several months after I submitted my PR application, I applied for a UK visa and the application got rejected, and mention the reason for refusal?

Also, would having a foreign visa refusal AFTER applying for Canadian PR impact the PR application?

Thanks in advance.
You're overthinking this. There's no need to notify IRCC if the UK visitor visa is refused. There's no impact to your PR application.

Reactions: bp8492

AishB

Sep 29, 2020
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
NDVO
AOR Received.
13-02-2021
Passport Req..
30-08-2022
Hello,

Thanks in advance.
Nope, not required to inform IRCC post the application stage.

Reactions: bp8492