+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Applying as skilled worker.. Divorce in US still pending..

byehello

Feb 17, 2008
Hello All,
I have read the discussion forum and found a lot of important and truthful information and would like to really appreciate the comments, as they are really helpful.
I tried searching for an issue that is very important to my case, and did not find many comments. I am currently residing in US and have been married for 2 years. My wife and I were going through differences and we have filed for divorce, the divorce is not finalized yet, as it has to wait for a couple of months before the judge can declare the divorce final and I can get the divorce papers. My question is that if I want to apply to canada right now, while my divorce is on going, should I have my current martial status as married or should I select divorced, as I should have my divorce in the next couple of months.
I obviously do not want to provide any false information on my application, and want to immigration all the facts required. It will be difficult for me to get her information, as she may not be willing to give me her passport number and other required information that is requested on the immigration application. Any input and comments will be highly appreciated and helpful, as I would like to send my application as soon as possible.

Thank you.

thaiguy

Champion Member
Apr 7, 2007
Vancouver
If you submit an incomplete application, you run the possibility that your application could be returned (minus the fee).

I suggest you wait until you have the divorce papers in hand.

Maybe PMM has a different opinion on this.