+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Applying after 2 refusals

jb9419

Star Member
Jan 16, 2019
Hi
I am applying for a relative for visitor visa, from India

My uncle first applied via the points system and was rejected, around 5 years ago
Then 1-2 years after, he applied to visit showing lots of funds and ties (mother, son, wife, property, job etc), and was rejected again (reason was that ties were not strong enough to home country).

So after another 2-3 years now, he is wanting to apply again.

We have a blood relation and I want him to visit my kids as he has never seen them, and also for tourism.

Is there anything we can do to strengthen the file? When we applied for visitor last time, he had shown 50k in funds, genuine tickets, property, and family ties but they still rejected.

Alternatively, we can apply for his wife and son to come, would that be better, or we can apply for all 3?

Please let us know how to proceed with the 3 choices, or if we should take another route.
1) Apply for only my uncle
2) Apply for my uncles wife and son (excluding uncle)
3) apply for uncle, his wife, and son (my uncles mother will remain in India)

CanGoldDigger

Feb 17, 2024
Ottawa
Applying for all 3 would be even worse as this way he would have less ties to return.

Property is not a strong tie, you need to show employment, dependants, other obligations etc. And don't show that you want to stay for a long time, set some reasonable timespan of your stay.

jb9419

Star Member
Jan 16, 2019
Applying for all 3 would be even worse as this way he would have less ties to return.

Property is not a strong tie, you need to show employment, dependants, other obligations etc. And don't show that you want to stay for a long time, set some reasonable timespan of your stay.
the second time we applied for just visitor, for 1month stay
he showed stable job (over 10+ years), his own business, dependants (wife, mother, 1 year old son) and property.

But they still denied due to ties

For his wife, she would have to bring the child along, but she would then have less ties plus they would also see that her husband (my uncle) was denied entry 2x right?