+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Apply TRV from outside canada based on BOWP

jvsitd

Oct 27, 2014
Hi,

I am planning to apply for Bridging Open work permit (BOWP) next month. My current work permit expires on 28-Dec-2014.
After receiving my BOWP, I may have to leave and go back to my home country for couple of months.

I wanted to know whether i can apply for TRV (Visa stamping) from my home country based on the BOWP?
I heard some people saying TRV can be applied only based on Closed work permit and might not be possible based on the Bridging Open work permit?

Thanks & Regards,

kkrr

Star Member
Mar 23, 2014
I was in same situation 5 months back.. I applied TRV from India based on my BOWP and got it without any issues..
Now I'm in Canada.. But I suggest to get TRV also when you are in Canada only IF POSSIBLE...

jvsitd said:
Hi,

I am planning to apply for Bridging Open work permit (BOWP) next month. My current work permit expires on 28-Dec-2014.
After receiving my BOWP, I may have to leave and go back to my home country for couple of months.

I wanted to know whether i can apply for TRV (Visa stamping) from my home country based on the BOWP?
I heard some people saying TRV can be applied only based on Closed work permit and might not be possible based on the Bridging Open work permit?

Thanks & Regards,

kyogesh

Apr 13, 2014
kkrr said:
I was in same situation 5 months back.. I applied TRV from India based on my BOWP and got it without any issues..
Now I'm in Canada.. But I suggest to get TRV also when you are in Canada only IF POSSIBLE...
How long did it take? I do see that below link says 12 days but not sure if thats the actual time.

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/times/temp/visitors.asp

octadag

Oct 20, 2014
Time from forum can be used as referenced.

For official time, you can check the "Processing Time" section inside CIC's official website ( CIC.gc.ca ) .

For offcial processing time in other countries's CIC office, you can check their own CIC website. Usually in the format of "countryname".gc.ca

kyogesh

Apr 13, 2014
octadag said:
Time from forum can be used as referenced.

For official time, you can check the "Processing Time" section inside CIC's official website ( CIC.gc.ca ) .

For offcial processing time in other countries's CIC office, you can check their own CIC website. Usually in the format of "countryname".gc.ca
Thanks thats what I did, but unfortunately TRV processing time for inside Canada applicant is unreliable. I applied on 29th Oct its 10 days now and they haven't even asked for my passport.

Reactions: alk0494

jvsitd

Oct 27, 2014
Thanks kkrr for the quick reply.
i will try to get it in canada itself but since i will not have much time between i get my BOWP and the date when i have to go to my home country, i wanted to make sure that i can come back to canada.

Is it possible to apply for TRV at the same time along with BOWP application?

octadag

Oct 20, 2014
jvsitd said:
Thanks kkrr for the quick reply.
i will try to get it in canada itself but since i will not have much time between i get my BOWP and the date when i have to go to my home country, i wanted to make sure that i can come back to canada.

Is it possible to apply for TRV at the same time along with BOWP application?
No. Your current status in Canada is a Worker, so you need to acquire a new BOWP first and use it to apply for your TRV. Your TRV expiry date will be your BOWP expiry date.

aanchalsingh

Jul 17, 2017
Hi,

Thanks & Regards,
Hi I am in the same situation today as yours. Did you get your TRV from inside India ? If yes, what was the process followed?

Cecapplicant17

Oct 15, 2017
Hello what TRV form did you use? IMM 5257? I want to apply from Canada