+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Apply to be interested in PGP?

haddad287

Nov 11, 2020
I see the 2024 pgp is reaching out to anyone that sumbitted an interest to pgp sponser in 2020

my question is, how do i sunbit an interest to sponser for pgp for my wife? I’ve been waiting since 2021?

also if pgp will take a while, is it possible for my wife to only bring her mom and 2 young siblings to canada without pgp? My wife’s mom is really sick but iraq is not helping her at all.
And we dont want super visa.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
I see the 2024 pgp is reaching out to anyone that sumbitted an interest to pgp sponser in 2020

my question is, how do i sunbit an interest to sponser for pgp for my wife? I’ve been waiting since 2021?

also if pgp will take a while, is it possible for my wife to only bring her mom and 2 young siblings to canada without pgp? My wife’s mom is really sick but iraq is not helping her at all.
It's not possible to submit interest to sponsor right now. We don't know when it will be possible.

There's really no other path to sponsor parents who are outside of Canada. Note that your wife's mother will need to take and pass a medical if your wife is selected as a sponsor in the future.

Reactions: canuck78

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017

Realistically even if they reopen PGP in the next year there is so much pent up demand that there are likely to be hundreds of thousands of applications. The government will hopefully try to keep a priority system for those who have been waiting the longest but if you only qualified in 2021 there is no guarantee that it won’t take a decade to get selects if even at all. Parent sponsorship isn’t guaranteed. As already stated her mother would also have to pass a medical. Canada is facing huge healthcare resource issues with an ageing population and likely a change in government so nobody can guarantee the future of PGP and what it may look like.

haddad287

Nov 11, 2020
It's not possible to submit interest to sponsor right now. We don't know when it will be possible.

There's really no other path to sponsor parents who are outside of Canada. Note that your wife's mother will need to take and pass a medical if your wife is selected as a sponsor in the future.
Ok how do we know when PGP is open so we can apply to be interested? Also is there any other way for her parents and young siblings to come to canada and end goal is PR?

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Ok how do we know when PGP is open so we can apply to be interested? Also is there any other way for her parents and young siblings to come to canada and end goal is PR?
Parents would need to qualify for express entry. Monitor IRCC and the news about any announcements regarding EOI. Given the recent draw would expect little information about a PGP draw for 6-12 months. The chances of success if PGP EOI is opened again will be quite low given how high the demand will be so would not be promising that your family will be able to move to Canada anytime soon. If the mother has health issues she also may never qualify for PGP and even if approved for a supervisa without her children she may not qualify for healthcare to treat her existing health conditions on supervisa insurance due to preexisting condition clause. Supervisa insurance is only emergency medical insurance. Your best option is to try to support her abroad.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Keep checking the IRCC web site for updates.

The other way for parents to get PR is to qualify and apply independently through an economic immigration program like Express Entry.

Lamb2024

Jun 12, 2024
When I filled out the interest to sponsor form in 2020, I only input my mother’s name in the form. Can I apply for both my mom and dad in the PR application even my dad’s name was not on that form? Thank you!