+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Apply Spouse Sponsorship AND Permanent Residency?

Mystx

Sep 3, 2019
Hello, this is driving me up the wall, I apologise if this thread is already covered I couldn't seem to find it.

The Application for spousal sponsorship doesn't state clearly if you also have to fill out Permanent Residence forms separately and hand them with the sponsorship forms together? Or does the sponsorship INCLUDE permanent residence if applicable?

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/immigrate-canada/family-sponsorship/spouse-partner-children/apply.html

"To apply to sponsor your spouse, partner or child, there are 2 applications:

1. You must apply to become a sponsor.
  2. Your spouse, partner or child must apply for permanent residence.
Send both the sponsorship and the permanent residence applications together at the same time."

The forms I have completed thus so far are:

Checklist
Forms for the sponsor to fill out
For the person being sponsored (principal applicant):

^ Are these forms for the principle applicant the permanent residence then?? ^

Thanks!!

zardoz

VIP Member
Feb 2, 2013
Canada
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
16-02-2013
VISA ISSUED...
31-07-2013
LANDED..........
09-11-2013
Hello, this is driving me up the wall, I apologise if this thread is already covered I couldn't seem to find it.

The Application for spousal sponsorship doesn't state clearly if you also have to fill out Permanent Residence forms separately and hand them with the sponsorship forms together? Or does the sponsorship INCLUDE permanent residence if applicable?

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/immigrate-canada/family-sponsorship/spouse-partner-children/apply.html

"To apply to sponsor your spouse, partner or child, there are 2 applications:

1. You must apply to become a sponsor.
  2. Your spouse, partner or child must apply for permanent residence.
Send both the sponsorship and the permanent residence applications together at the same time."

The forms I have completed thus so far are:

Checklist
Forms for the sponsor to fill out
For the person being sponsored (principal applicant):

^ Are these forms for the principle applicant the permanent residence then?? ^

Thanks!!
ALL the forms are sent in a single package to the address documented in the application guide.

There are two distinct sets of forms, one which is completed by the Canadian citizen/PR who wished to be a sponsor, and a completely different set to be completed by the sponsored applicant for Permanent Residency.

If you are still confused, you need to reread the application guide, as it's very clear.

Hurlabrick

Champion Member
Sep 4, 2016
Ottawa, ON
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
23-06-2016
AOR Received.
12-07-2016
File Transfer...
23-08-2016
Med's Done....
08-06-2016
Passport Req..
21-12-2016
VISA ISSUED...
24-12-2016
LANDED..........
11-04-2017
Very early on in my reading up for this, I too was confused as to whether I had to first apply for sponsorship, then if approved apply for PR for my wife.

As zardoz said, you send the whole pack for both in together.