+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Apply Re-entry permit going back to Canada & Applying PR

flis

Apr 29, 2009
I would like to ask a question about my case :
1.My contract is under LCP -me and my CHinese employer usually goes to china every now and then .my question is my visa issued multiple visa so do i need to apply for re-entry permit going back to canada ?

2. if ever i will apply for PR in the future will it affect becuse of iam going out of the country every now and then ..

accreddy

Star Member
May 20, 2009
1) If you have a valid work permit and temporary resident visa (TRV) then you can enter Canada.

2) It will not effect your PR application.

job_seeker

VIP Member
Jul 27, 2009
Will the time spent out of Canada with your employer affect the length of time you should be working as a live in caregiver in Canada, before you can apply for your open visa and subsequently your PR? If you went out of the country for say 6 months with your employer, do you need to add 6 more months to your stay as a live in? Many thanks.

job_seeker

VIP Member
Jul 27, 2009
Thanks accreddy. Employers bring their nannies with them when they go out on vacations. What would be the allowable time to be away from Canada that would not affect the time counting towards the two years?

accreddy

Star Member
May 20, 2009
CIC website says that to be eligible for PR you should have completed 2 yrs. of full-time employment as a live-in caregiver within 3 yrs. from the date you entered Canada under live-in caregiver program (http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/applications/guides/5290E.asp).

If you are outside Canada for more than 1 yr. you would have to reapply under live-in caregiver program to re-enter Canada (http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/faq/work/caregiver-faq14.asp).

honeyvee13

Jul 1, 2011
Hi jobseeker..I just want to know the requirements for trv if you already have the open work permit?do you still need a letter of employer even if your not working as a caregiver anymore?what if you have 2 jobs?thank you so much

job_seeker

VIP Member
Jul 27, 2009
As long as you have an employer. Get a letter from either one and send that together with your application package.

honeyvee13 said:
Hi jobseeker..I just want to know the requirements for trv if you already have the open work permit?do you still need a letter of employer even if your not working as a caregiver anymore?what if you have 2 jobs?thank you so much