+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Apply PR profile and leave the country - procedures

jinjuash143

Feb 4, 2017
Hi,
I'm currently on a closed work permit living with wife and kid and it is getting expired by Feb'18. My employer don't have plans of my WP renewal after Feb'18 so i have to leave canada.
I have plans of apply PR and go back to home country. Right now , i've put the profile and waiting for ITA to come (430 score).
I have plans of do medical , PPC and all documentation here but my wife is pregnant and medical might not get cleared till the delivery. She is planning to leave Canada before the delivery but we will finish the medicals here.
Can i apply for PR and leave?
Can i do medical and PPC clearance here? should i also do another PPC in home country?
Should i have to change all the documentation work to my home country?
Should i to give a change of address in the PR profile?

How long the duration till i get the CMPR?

thanks

gowthamp

Jun 28, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi,
I'm currently on a closed work permit living with wife and kid and it is getting expired by Feb'18. My employer don't have plans of my WP renewal after Feb'18 so i have to leave canada.
I have plans of apply PR and go back to home country. Right now , i've put the profile and waiting for ITA to come (430 score).
I have plans of do medical , PPC and all documentation here but my wife is pregnant and medical might not get cleared till the delivery. She is planning to leave Canada before the delivery but we will finish the medicals here.
Can i apply for PR and leave? Yes, you can apply and leave but have to notify IRCC about the change in address.
Can i do medical and PPC clearance here? should i also do another PPC in home country? You can do medicals in Canada, no need to another PCC as you already made submission (If not, PCC is less than 6 months)
Should i have to change all the documentation work to my home country? No need to change the documentation.
Should i to give a change of address in the PR profile? Yes, you have to.

How long the duration till i get the CMPR? - - No one knows it.

thanks

Reactions: jinjuash143

jes_ON

VIP Member
Jun 22, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
New York
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-May-2010
AOR Received.
13-Aug-2010
File Transfer...
01-Mar-2011
Passport Req..
30-Jun-2011
VISA ISSUED...
12-Jul-2011 (received 25-Jul-2011)
LANDED..........
03-Sep-2011
Hi,
I have plans of apply PR and go back to home country.
Do you realize that if you apply for PR while you still have a valid work permit, you may be eligible for a "bridging open work permit"? You could stay in Canada if you wanted to.
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/work/permit/extend/permanent.asp

Right now , i've put the profile and waiting for ITA to come (430 score).

Can i apply for PR and leave? Yes.
Can i do medical and PPC clearance here? should i also do another PPC in home country?
You can do the medical here, or in the home country. If you intend to apply for PR before you leave, you need to have your medicals and all PCCs before you leave, because they are required up front with the eAPR.

Not sure why you would need another PCC after? You (and your wife) need to get a PCC for every country (NOT INCLUDING CANADA) that you have spent a cumulative total of 6 months or more.

Should i have to change all the documentation work to my home country? ??? Not sure what you are asking.

Should i to give a change of address in the PR profile?
You are required to update IRCC with any address changes.

How long the duration till i get the CMPR?
No fortune tellers here. Can range between a couple of months and a year. : )

Reactions: jinjuash143

jinjuash143

Feb 4, 2017
Thanks Gowtham for your reply.

Can i apply for PR and leave? Yes, you can apply and leave but have to notify IRCC about the change in address.
- My wife is planning to leave this month but i haven't still got my ITA yet - waiting for one.
- Imagine if they leave before I get ITA and she is due by Feb month for delivery - should i do medicals after the baby born or before the delivery ?
- If i do medicals now , being pregnant , Xray cannot be done i heard - so will i have to wait for anyway for few months?
- will all of our documents be on hold till her medical clears up?

Can i do medical and PPC clearance here? should i also do another PPC in home country? You can do medicals in Canada, no need to another PCC
as you already made submission (If not, PCC is less than 6 months)

Should i have to change all the documentation work to my home country? No need to change the documentation.
- But i heard that you have to change your PR documentation to your home country.
- I belong to India and what if get ITA and apply and go back? will my PR documentation / papers gets transferred to CIC in India?

- OK i will change the address.

jinjuash143

Feb 4, 2017
Thanks Jes.

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/work/permit/extend/permanent.asp - thanks for this

You can do the medical here, or in the home country. If you intend to apply for PR before you leave, you need to have your medicals and all PCCs before you leave, because they are required up front with the eAPR.
Should i have to change all the documentation work to my home country? ??? If i apply and leave to India , will my papers get moved from CIC to India CIC office?

As we are expecting our new born in Feb and delivery will be in India , when a new baby born and if i want to add in to profile , will it be OK?
Should i have to add the new baby born before sending the passports for stamping?

gowthamp

Jun 28, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Thanks Gowtham for your reply.

- My wife is planning to leave this month but i haven't still got my ITA yet - waiting for one.
- Imagine if they leave before I get ITA and she is due by Feb month for delivery - should i do medicals after the baby born or before the delivery ?
- If i do medicals now , being pregnant , Xray cannot be done i heard - so will i have to wait for anyway for few months?
- will all of our documents be on hold till her medical clears up?
- - I have no idea about this.

Can i do medical and PPC clearance here? should i also do another PPC in home country? You can do medicals in Canada, no need to another PCC
as you already made submission (If not, PCC is less than 6 months)

- But i heard that you have to change your PR documentation to your home country. - -As you area planning to submit the documents before leaving Canada, they will ask if needed any.
- I belong to India and what if get ITA and apply and go back? will my PR documentation / papers gets transferred to CIC in India? - Based on work load (IRCC) even if the person is present in Canada, their docs/file is transferred to India.

- OK i will change the address.

In which category you may get ITA? If you are claiming points for arranged employment (50 Points), and your employer don't have plans to extend WP - I am not sure how it affect the application as you may not have that employment (Until getting PR).

jinjuash143

Feb 4, 2017
Thanks Jes.

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/work/permit/extend/permanent.asp - thanks for this

Should i have to change all the documentation work to my home country? ??? If i apply and leave to India , will my papers get moved from CIC to India CIC office?

As we are expecting our new born in Feb and delivery will be in India , when a new baby born and if i want to add in to profile , will it be OK?
Should i have to add the new baby born before sending the passports for stamping?
Also , will CIC accept the medicals if i do our medicals before receiving ITA in hand , say I do medicals tomorrow considering my wife leaves in a week's time but i have not received an ITA yet?
Considering medicals is valid for 1 year , is the above assumptions holds good?

jinjuash143

Feb 4, 2017
In which category you may get ITA? If you are claiming points for arranged employment (50 Points), and your employer don't have plans to extend WP - I am not sure how it affect the application as you may not have that employment (Until getting PR).
Hi Gowtham,
I not claiming valid job offer , so im not using that 50 points.
I have one more doubt - will CIC accept the medicals if i do our medicals before receiving ITA in hand , say I do medicals tomorrow considering my wife leaves in a week's time but i have not received an ITA yet?

gowthamp

Jun 28, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi Gowtham,
I not claiming valid job offer , so im not using that 50 points.
I have one more doubt - will CIC accept the medicals if i do our medicals before receiving ITA in hand , say I do medicals tomorrow considering my wife leaves in a week's time but i have not received an ITA yet?
Yeah, its common.
Make sure you have the medicals completion copy to upload to CIC account.

jes_ON

VIP Member
Jun 22, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
New York
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-May-2010
AOR Received.
13-Aug-2010
File Transfer...
01-Mar-2011
Passport Req..
30-Jun-2011
VISA ISSUED...
12-Jul-2011 (received 25-Jul-2011)
LANDED..........
03-Sep-2011

If you leave Canada after applying, you simply submit the change of address info to IRCC. If you want to complete processing in India, you would also inform IRCC of your wish.
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/contacts/web-form.asp

You can add a child to an application (or profile, if you have not yet applied). You would need the child's birth certificate and passport info.

BTW - I'm sure you have good reasons for wanting the baby to be born in India. However, just want to be sure you know that if the baby were born in Canada, s/he would be a Canadian citizen.

Yes. Since it is likely your wife won't be able to complete the medical until after she delivers, however, this won't have much impact on the processing time.

jinjuash143

Feb 4, 2017
Thanks alot Jes.
Another Question:
I have one more doubt - will CIC accept the medicals if i do our medicals before receiving ITA in hand , say I do medicals tomorrow considering my wife leaves in a week's time but i have not received an ITA yet? Can we do medicals before we get ITA and attach the medicals acknowledgement letter given by doctor?
I was not sure if i can do it medicals upfront or not - for Canadian Experience class express entry application?