+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Apply individually for Canada Visa - Me and Mife or together

maywaag

Jan 21, 2017
Hi Friends,

I want to apply for Canada Professional Skill worker Program . I have my wife and child. I work in Data Analytics sector and my wife works in Hopital Management.

I have a query. Should we apply individually for Canada Visa - (My wife and me) or Together? Both have given IELTS exam.

If we apply together - Can the dependent work in Canada?

If we apply individually and if one gets it - then can we all go with the child?

Kindly guide me on the issue.

shariq123

Jun 8, 2016
maywaag said:
Hi Friends,

I want to apply for Canada Professional Skill worker Program . I have my wife and child. I work in Data Analytics sector and my wife works in Hopital Management.

I have a query. Should we apply individually for Canada Visa - (My wife and me) or Together? Both have given IELTS exam.

You should apply together. Meaning one application with one being the Principal Applicant and the other being the dependent. But first check with the Express Entry Points calculator as to how many points you're both getting individually. If lets say you are getting more points than your wife, then you should become the Principal Applicant and add your wife to the application as a dependent. If your wife is getting more points than you, then she should become the Principal Applicant and you become the dependent.

If we apply together - Can the dependent work in Canada?

Yes you can.

If we apply individually and if one gets it - then can we all go with the child?

You should make one application adding the spouse and the child as accompanying dependents. Two applications don't make sense at all.

Kindly guide me on the issue.

maywaag

Jan 21, 2017
Hi Shariq..Thanks for your reply.

One more question. Don't you think applying two applications one from my wife and other from me will enhance our chances rather than applying it collectively?

Pipis Husband

VIP Member
Aug 16, 2013
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
VISA ISSUED...
20-03-2015
LANDED..........
06-06-2015
maywaag said:
Hi Shariq..Thanks for your reply.

One more question. Don't you think applying two applications one from my wife and other from me will enhance our chances rather than applying it collectively?
When you apply as the principal, your wife and child are covered in your application and the whole family will get PR visas if your application is successful. The same applies if your wife is the principal applicant and you are your kids are the dependents.

Use the CRS points calculator to see which of you is likely to get more points when you enter the EE pool. http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/immigrate/skilled/crs-tool.asp

It makes more sense that the person who is likely to get more points should be the principal applicant, no need for 2 applications from the same family.

However, if the added expense of sending 2 applications is not a problem for you, then you can go ahead. Click here to follow Express Entry conversations, http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/express-entry-expression-of-interest-b54.0/

It's possible one of you might be eligible for nomination from one province while the other person is eligible for nomination from another province due to your different occupations. Check here to learn more about PNP, http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/provincial-nomination-program-immigration-b6.0/