+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Apply for work permit with U.S Asylum pending

wangasl

Jun 19, 2019
Hi Everyone, I came to U.S at the age of 14, my parent submit the asylum application, and then include me as dependent, and the case is still pending till now. I'm wondering if I have a chance to get work permit in Canada, if my employer is willing to sponsor it, since I heard a lot stories that a person with U.S Asylum pending has zero chance to get visa approve, but I'm wondering since I'm not the main applicant, would I be able to get it, thank you!

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Hi Everyone, I came to U.S at the age of 14, my parent submit the asylum application, and then include me as dependent, and the case is still pending till now. I'm wondering if I have a chance to get work permit in Canada, if my employer is willing to sponsor it, since I heard a lot stories that a person with U.S Asylum pending has zero chance to get visa approve, but I'm wondering since I'm not the main applicant, would I be able to get it, thank you!
Given your status in the US, the work permit really has no chance of being approved. It doesn't matter that you are a dependent. Your status in the US makes you unable to show strong ties to your home country and prove you won't remain in Canada long term. I'm also assuming that at this point you're likely in the US without status.

Rather than applying for a work permit, I would strongly recommend that you instead focus on qualifying and applying to immigrate to Canada through an economic immigration program like Express Entry.