+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Apply for brother's visitor visa

Nisthha

Jun 21, 2024
I am 18 female and will graduate in Decemeber 2024 in a Canadian college. I want to invite my brother and father to my convocation. Can somebody tell me all the documents, details and monetrial eligibilities. I would also like to get a temporary work permit for my brother, how much would that be?

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
I am 18 female and will graduate in Decemeber 2024 in a Canadian college. I want to invite my brother and father to my convocation. Can somebody tell me all the documents, details and monetrial eligibilities. I would also like to get a temporary work permit for my brother, how much would that be?
Go on the IRCC website and look at documentation for a visitor visas. If brother is over 22, then he applies separately from your father. They both show funds (cash), travel history and strong ties to return (job letter with approved leave, business, income property). Your brother is not eligible for a work permit.

Copingwithlife

VIP Member
Jul 29, 2018
Earth
The reasons they HAVE to return outweighs the reason you want them to visit . By asking if your brother can get a work permit is a negative, since it shows he’s not a true visitor . He should have a job to return to. That’s a tie

Nisthha

Jun 21, 2024
Go on the IRCC website and look at documentation for a visitor visas. If brother is over 22, then he applies separately from your father. They both show funds (cash), travel history and strong ties to return (job letter with approved leave, business, income property). Your brother is not eligible for a work permit.

Nisthha

Jun 21, 2024
Is there no way for him to come and then stay here.. maybe like he can work here. I think there is some work permit that we can get with 35k cad. Is there something like that?

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Is there no way for him to come and then stay here.. maybe like he can work here. I think there is some work permit that we can get with 35k cad. Is there something like that?
If he had at least 500k to $1mill maybe he could apply through PNP Entrepreneur program. He cannot work unless he finds an employer who cannot find a person with your brother’s skills, education, language etc. If brother can get employer to file and pay for a LMIA, once approved your brother can file for a closed work permit. He shows his job experience letters, ECA and language results.

foodie69

VIP Member
Dec 18, 2015
Just video tape your graduation and upload it for them to view. The hassle you are going to encounter for the next 6 months is too big. They may not even get their visitor visas on time. And there is no chance your brother will get a work permit..this year.