+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Apply Canada PR from India

chytu558

Sep 19, 2013
Hi guys,
I have searched couple of posts but wasn't able to search properly , Can you guys please help me. I want to apply for Canada PR and last year i tried through consultancy but by that time the cap is full so i couldn't . This year i want to apply , i have written my IELTS exam and i am waiting for the result. I dont want to go through consultancy as many of them are suggesting that its not much difficult applying it online but i couldnt understand the process from where to start. I assume that the cap reopens on May 1st , 2014 before that is there some process i have to finish, One of the consultancy told me that i have to send my documents now to some verification center called WES. please suggest me how should i start with.

I am from Engineering background and working as network admin for the past 6 years. My job role is there in one of the listed occupations, i presume that my profile fits eitther into 2147 or 2174.

Please please help me :'(

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
Hi

chytu558 said:
Hi guys,
I have searched couple of posts but wasn't able to search properly , Can you guys please help me. I want to apply for Canada PR and last year i tried through consultancy but by that time the cap is full so i couldn't . This year i want to apply , i have written my IELTS exam and i am waiting for the result. I dont want to go through consultancy as many of them are suggesting that its not much difficult applying it online but i couldnt understand the process from where to start. I assume that the cap reopens on May 1st , 2014 before that is there some process i have to finish, One of the consultancy told me that i have to send my documents now to some verification center called WES. please suggest me how should i start with.

I am from Engineering background and working as network admin for the past 6 years. My job role is there in one of the listed occupations, i presume that my profile fits eitther into 2147 or 2174.

Please please help me :'(
1. It is unlikely that the cap will reopen in 2014 for skilled worker as Canada is going to an expression of interest system in 2015. So it is pointless to have your education evaluated or take the IELTs until you know what is required for the EOI system.

chytu558

Sep 19, 2013
Hey,
I just checked the FSW quota and is now open for 1000 entries for each department. Please suggest me how do i start the process of applying for PR. My category falls under (2281 Computer network technicians). Please suggest so that i will start the process

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
chytu558 said:
Hey,
I just checked the FSW quota and is now open for 1000 entries for each department. Please suggest me how do i start the process of applying for PR. My category falls under (2281 Computer network technicians). Please suggest so that i will start the process
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/immigrate/skilled/apply-how.asp

chytu558

Sep 19, 2013
I got the IELTS scores as follows

Here is my IELTS score:
Listening 8.50
Reading 5.50
Speaking 6.00
Writing 6.00
OverAllBandScore 6.50

I read in other threads that in each category i need to get min score of 6, So do i have to re write exam again? In the mean time can i send my documents for educational assessment ? If yes can you please suggest me where i can get that done, suggest me any authorized center for that as i am trying to apply from India. Is that fine by the time educational assessment is done , i will re write my exam and get eligible score??

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
Hi

chytu558 said:
I got the IELTS scores as follows

Here is my IELTS score:
Listening 8.50
Reading 5.50
Speaking 6.00
Writing 6.00
OverAllBandScore 6.50

I read in other threads that in each category i need to get min score of 6, So do i have to re write exam again? In the mean time can i send my documents for educational assessment ? If yes can you please suggest me where i can get that done, suggest me any authorized center for that as i am trying to apply from India. Is that fine by the time educational assessment is done , i will re write my exam and get eligible score??
1. You answered your own question, yes, as you got 5.5 in Reading, 6 is required.
2. You haven't read the instructions fully have you? ECA http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/immigrate/skilled/assessment.asp

chytu558

Sep 19, 2013
sorry i didn't read that properly. I will be sending my educational documents for assessment by the time i re write my IELTS. I am planning to send my documents to WES(World Educational Services) there it is mentioned that the transcipts need to be send from sealed envelop from the university, i have done my Bachelors of Technology in 2007 and i have all the transcripts with me, Can i send the photocopies of the transcripts what i have or do i again need to ask the university to give me another copy in sealed envelope.

This is what is mentioned in the required documents section of WES

""Request for all mark sheets to be sent directly to WES by the institution responsible for conducting the examinations
-OR-
You may have photocopies of your original mark sheets attested and dated by the Controller of Examinations or Registrar’s Office. Please request for the attested photocopies to be placed in an official sealed envelope and have the envelope returned to you to forward to WES.

NOTE: Mark sheets attested by persons outside the Controller of Examination or Registrar's Offices, such as individual professors or external notary publics, will NOT be accepted.""

chytu558

Sep 19, 2013
Guys, i am confused with process which is going to be implemented next year, Express of Interest. As i failed my IELTS in reading part i am rewriting my IELTS and about to send the documents to WES for educational assessment. I have read that from next year Express of Interest will be the only way to get into Canada, what difference does that make from existing process? Shall i postpone my trials for next year or should hurry up my process??? In the CAP list also i don't see any applications that filled the positions like last year, Are all of them stopped applying this year?

If i am applying now through FSW and once i file my application with Canada , will the lottery take place and if YES , if my application isn't picked in lottery will i get back the fee i paid??

chytu558

Sep 19, 2013
guys can you help me in understanding these 3 question

1. I have done my educational assessment and the report says bachelors degree(4 years) of Canadian education. So does this mean I get 21 points or 22 points for education

Reference :

Two or more post-secondary program credentials AND at least one of these credentials is for the completion of a post-secondary program of three years or longer 22
Post-secondary program credential of three years or longer 21

2. I have written my IELTS for the second time and this time the scores are

Listening -6
Reading - 7.5
Writing -6
Speaking -6
so how many points will I get for this

3. I am now filling up my application for processing and I might get married by Feb or mar 2014, how do I include my spouse after I submit my application

chytu558

Sep 19, 2013
Pls someone respond i am waiting to book for ielts again , looks like i am getting only 66 out of 67. pls someone :(

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
You will get 21 points for education.

You should know that it's too late to apply under NOC 2174 (the cap has already been reached) and NOC 2147 is not on the list. Is there a different NOC you're planning on applying under?

chytu558

Sep 19, 2013
That was for last year. This year i am applying for 2281 ( network technician) . thank you. My IELTS points will be 4+4+6+4 = 18 points right? i am getting only 66 points if i am calculating correctly :'(

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Yes - you have 18 points for your language abilities.

chytu558

Sep 19, 2013
Finally i have cleared my IELTS

this time my scores are Lis- 7.5, read- 8.5, writ- 6 , speaking 6.5 which gives me a total of 20 points

Guys its already Dec 6th and i am getting all the documents filled and ready in another 3 days. Please suggest will the time be sufficient to submit the application for FSW before express entry launches

Also please do suggest whether to go with existing process or wait till jan 1st for the express entry. Quick reply will be greatly appreciated please