+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Applied work permit

Sia12

Oct 4, 2024
Hi, my workpermit visa got refused because i didn’t file for extension. So i applied again and my lawyer , applied through paper file and its been two years. I still dont have any answer and she said called the immigration but it still hasn’t processed. What are my options?

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Hi, my workpermit visa got refused because i didn’t file for extension. So i applied again and my lawyer , applied through paper file and its been two years. I still dont have any answer and she said called the immigration but it still hasn’t processed. What are my options?
So are you in Canada? If not, hasn’t your LMIA expired? What does your employer say because can’t believe that they have waited 2 years.

Sia12

Oct 4, 2024
It was post graduated work permit. Not LMIA. My lawyer asked me to stay here as it was considered applied status.

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
It was post graduated work permit. Not LMIA. My lawyer asked me to stay here as it was considered applied status.
So you have been waiting in Canada for 2 years for a PGWP? What have you been doing? So what do you mean by didn’t file for extension? You need to provide dates for everything.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
What did you apply for exactly? Have you ordered GCMS notes recently?

Sia12

Oct 4, 2024
So you have been waiting in Canada for 2 years for a PGWP? What have you been doing? So what do you mean by didn’t file for extension? You need to provide dates for everything.
After my study i missed the 90 day period to apply for my pgwp due to some personal reasons and my study permit expired too at that point. I was 2 days late. So for that reason it got refused. My lawyer then applied again giving all the explanations and proof of what the issue was and it was a paper file and it has been 2 years since then. There’s no response. I thought about getting an LMIA but my lawyer assured that i will get it and that time period for paper based file is 18 months but its been more than that and still no reply. She’s not giving me any more answers except that its still processing.

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
After my study i missed the 90 day period to apply for my pgwp due to some personal reasons and my study permit expired too at that point. I was 2 days late. So for that reason it got refused. My lawyer then applied again giving all the explanations and proof of what the issue was and it was a paper file and it has been 2 years since then. There’s no response. I thought about getting an LMIA but my lawyer assured that i will get it and that time period for paper based file is 18 months but its been more than that and still no reply. She’s not giving me any more answers except that its still processing.
So you were rightly refused because you had to restore status to student and apply for PGWP. When did you complete program, apply for PGWP, get refusal, and then apply via paper (give dates)? How do you know she sent in the paper application? Why don’t you call and find out your status?

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Order GCMS notes to see what is happening. You should have done that a long time ago.

You cannot go for an LMIA. That won't work since you are waiting for restoration.

I assume you have not been working all of this time.

Reactions: canuck78