+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Applied then divorced

roland27

Jun 3, 2014
Hi all,
I applied under fsw with me as the principle applicant and my ex husband as dependent. I score over 67 without him. We just got divorced and I have got the final divorce certificate. My application has been charged and I'm waiting for per.
My ex husband won't come to canada with me, nor will he go through medical check. Can I just provide my divorce certificate and eliminate him as dependent so he won't have to do medical? To which stage should I inform cic of the updated information?
Thank you.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Yes - you can provide your divorce certificate and remove your husband from your application. I would do this as soon as you can (i.e. as soon as you have a file number and your application is with your local visa office).

RomanSPb

Jul 19, 2014
Calgary, AB, Canada
Visa Office......
Warsaw
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
21-JUL-2014
AOR Received.
01-DEC-2014
Med's Request
12-FEB-2014
Med's Done....
20-FEB-2014
Passport Req..
26-MAR-2014
LANDED..........
26-10-2015
roland27 said:
Hi all,
I applied under fsw with me as the principle applicant and my ex husband as dependent. I score over 67 without him. We just got divorced and I have got the final divorce certificate. My application has been charged and I'm waiting for per.
My ex husband won't come to canada with me, nor will he go through medical check. Can I just provide my divorce certificate and eliminate him as dependent so he won't have to do medical? To which stage should I inform cic of the updated information?
Thank you.
I'd wait for AoR or application/UCI number available in eCAS. Once you get the number, you can use it as reference and send a cover letter to your local visa office. Describe your situation and ask them to remove your ex-husband from the application. He will not be your dependant anymore and will hence be removed from the family class forever. You may also download, complete and print out updated PDF forms where your dependants and family composition are indicated (e.g. generic application, additional family information, etc.) so that you won't waste time in case they ask you for renewed forms. And of course a photocopy of your divorce certificate is a must (a notarized copy + translation with affidavit if it is not in English or French).

roland27

Jun 3, 2014
Thanks for the info. I have my UCI and I haven't received per yet. Should I contact cic in Sydney or wait to submit the doc to local vo?

RomanSPb

Jul 19, 2014
Calgary, AB, Canada
Visa Office......
Warsaw
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
21-JUL-2014
AOR Received.
01-DEC-2014
Med's Request
12-FEB-2014
Med's Done....
20-FEB-2014
Passport Req..
26-MAR-2014
LANDED..........
26-10-2015
roland27 said:
Thanks for the info. I have my UCI and I haven't received per yet. Should I contact cic in Sydney or wait to submit the doc to local vo?
Always welcome. It is okay to send updated info to your local visa office after PER. I don't think you will gain any advantage if you decide to send it to CIO instead. Your file will most likely have been transferred to the local visa office by the moment your addendum reaches CIO.

kitchie

Nov 25, 2014
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
29-12-2014
IELTS Request
Sent with application
Interview........
Praying: Waived
LANDED..........
Praying: March-April 2015
RomanSPb said:
I'd wait for AoR or application/UCI number available in eCAS. Once you get the number, you can use it as reference and send a cover letter to your local visa office. Describe your situation and ask them to remove your ex-husband from the application. He will not be your dependant anymore and will hence be removed from the family class forever. You may also download, complete and print out updated PDF forms where your dependants and family composition are indicated (e.g. generic application, additional family information, etc.) so that you won't waste time in case they ask you for renewed forms. And of course a photocopy of your divorce certificate is a must (a notarized copy + translation with affidavit if it is not in English or French).
Hi Roman, my annulment has been granted but it would take about 6 months to process the annotation with the statistics office. I plan to remarry after the annotation process is done, do you think it is a good option or it is better get married after landing in canada?